1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2007 kawaski kx250f good deal?

Discussion in 'General' started by Squigs, May 22, 2011.

1. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Not expensive at all. Buy the Gallon jugs of kawi 10-40 oil from your dealer. It used to be made by Motul and was high end stuff, and now is made by Panolin..Another very high end motor oil company. Gallon jugs are less than $10.

2. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Buddy next door bought an 09 250f. I bought my 2-stroke the next day. I have to say both bikes are different but both are a blast to ride. I'm new to 2-strokes, so that power kick is a big ass rush.

3. cowboy600rr

cowboy600rr Well-Known Member

I'm running the Kawi 10-40 oil as well. Just make sure and change the oil often. Also, buy a couple air filters and rotate them frequently. ...and ride it like you stole it!

4. Squigs

Squigs Well-Known Member

might be a dumb question..can you use regular car oil in 4 strokes?

5. vince69007

vince69007 CRASH277

no. you need a motorcycle oil, one with NO friction modifiers.

kawasaki full synthetic seems to be the best bang for the buck around here. its about 1-3 bucks a L cheaper then the same stuff in a honda labeled jug.

6. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

regular kawi oil is fine. You dont need to run the kawi synthetic

7. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Rotella.

8. Squigs

Squigs Well-Known Member

so for you riders on here..what are some tips when riding in the sand? I was out for about 4 hours today trail riding, stopped at a few pits etc. Bike feels like its all over the place and my front end is gonna wash out on me. Is it something you just gotta get comfortable with and learn it since itll always be like that or is it me?

Also, i was practing my left hand turns (like on tracks) since the one pit had a mini track.. I had my front end wash out on me once, all the other times it just felt like it was always gonna wash out on me. Few times was close, i was just able to hold it up i guess My body positioning I was sit close up to the tank, leg out and leaning into it. On ym exits it felt like the back was going crazy, maybe too much gas exiting, i was pretty on the throttle coming out.

hit a few small jumps today got the feeling of that. Did get a little bit of air, few feet off ground nothing crazy obviously.

I gotta learn brake control. I have trouble stopping when bike is all bouncing around going over jumps and Im coming to a stop etc. In the sand, back brake only? Do you use front brake alot in dirt? Both same time or?

overall I guess the sand isnt something i should be trying to learn stuff on..whole different thing than dirt.

thanks guys for any advice you can give, i am still learning, so much different than riding a steet bike