1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drool - RC30

Discussion in 'General' started by xn85turbo, May 14, 2011.

1. Christian157

Christian157 Well-Known Member

Thanks Quicktoy, haven't had much sleep the last few nights. picking it up tomorrow. Digging through all my old magazines to find the articles about the bike. Its been so many years that I have forgotten all the little pieces of info about it. Time to learn them again. Any RC owners including Boccarp please feel free to chime in on the technicalities of ownership. Thanks in advance. Christian

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah I talk to John every so often.

It could be fun - could also be way dangerous :D

3. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Congrats Christian, enjoy that RC. I've only ridden one twice but put in a good 150 mile day on some nice backroads and that bike is absolutely sublime :up:

I think that scumbag Rick Croly is in jail right now, at least I hope he is. POS :down:

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:clap: Nice.

5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Which of the RCs won more?

6. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Congrats on the Dream Bike...

At the risk of banning (this is definitely bike related), I've always enjoyed this Honda produced video on the hand manufacturing.

I wanted one in the day, but they were a little out of my price range. I got a great deal on a '86 GSX-R Limited that was hanging around the showroom at the end of the model year and traded my "regular" GSX-R on it.

It was my dream bike too (seeing it every time I went into the shop), and I managed to get it. I had an Interceptor before the GSX-R though, and always wanted the RC-30.

It is the best proportioned, best looking street bike produced in my opinion. All the trick parts, hand building and performance don't hurt either!

7. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

For sure it would end badly, but it would be a great ride.

8. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

Check the oil often, they will burn oil and run hot!

9. Christian157

Christian157 Well-Known Member

Thanks trussdude, already heard of this issue about running hot - was it for modified ones or stock as well? I've read there were Radiator upgrades for it. Where would I look for one now other than fleabay or crookslist?

10. boccarp

boccarp Well-Known Member

Great Bike! I have 4 of those in different confiquirations. A stocker is in my office right now. Make sure you bleed the brakes when you get it if it has been sitting around also put a nice splash of race fuel/blend to clean up any reisdue in the carbs. Enjoy your RC. theY are my all time favorite bike!!!Great purchase that should appreciate in the next 10years or so. If it doesn't go up in value it will at least remain stable and you can ride the wheels off it! What's better than that?

11. boccarp

boccarp Well-Known Member

I also have a ton of spare parts, manuels, and literature on them if your need any thing!

12. stickboy274

I think you were supposed to send me a spare 45.

13. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'm feeling like he needs to sponsor a Bridgestone shod V7HW team.

14. stickboy274

ooohhhhh. Thats a great plan. We may even let him join the team. If he can act proper

15. Venom51

Of course he can be on the team. Someone has to get the bike to and from the track while making sure all the bills get paid.

16. stickboy274

We may even let him be in charge of getting snacks ans drinks

17. Venom51

Now let's not get too ahead of ourselves....he'll need to work up to that kind of responsibility.

18. stickboy274

He needs a goal to shoot for. Gotta let them have hope.

19. cowboy600rr

cowboy600rr Well-Known Member

Can't say I'm hating at all. Too busy being envious. What a great find. I've always loved all the RC bikes but I remember there used to be one at Coleman PowerSports in Falls Church, VA back when I was a younger lad. I used to Oooo and Ahhhh over it every time I went in. I hope you enjoy it and ride it every chance you can. Congrats! :beer:

20. drebv4

drebv4 Well-Known Member

Former owner of 2 RC30's, NC30 and NC35.

Anyone interested a unique ancestor?

Attached Files: