1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Bridgestones?

Discussion in 'General' started by ryguy, Feb 28, 2011.

1. murray696

murray696 Active Member

These tires are no joke guys. I tried the R10 rear this weekend (still had a nearly new ntec front on). I had ran all weekend, all day Friday and two practice sessions on Sunday with the Ntec's. The ntec is a great tire and I really liked them, but I was spinning it a little out of the last left hander, through turn 3 and out of turn 5/6.

I decided to go ahead and through an R10 rear on during lunch, just before my sprints. Stick measured the 190 dunlop I had, and felt the 180 would be the closest match. It didn't really matter to me, as I had run 180 and 190 bridgstones early last year and the year before anyway. The 180 was very close to the 190.

I went out in the first sprint and dropped about 1.5 seconds within a few laps and really started liking that rear tire. A 6 lap sprint was just long enough for me to build confidence quickly.

Next sprint I went out and ran some real good times. Dropped almost 2 seconds off my previous best time. I had a heck of a race, beat some guys I'd not been able to keep up with in the past, had a absolute blast on these tires. Nothing like a good tire to give you renewed confidence and have you battling for positions. I kept getting on the throttle harder and earlier (before apex) and it translated into instant time. The damn rear tire felt so good I was literally thinking mid race that this tire must be directly connected to my throttle hand. It was telepathy. I did not get the thing to squirm at all and if I would have ran more than 2 sprints I'm sure I would have dropped even more time.

Jimmy V convinced me to give it a shot, and I'm glad I did.

I told Stick as soon as the race was over that he had a great tire here.

Stick recommended 28 on the rear off the warmer, with an off track pressure around 31. I set at 28, and off track it landed around 31.5

2. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Yea, just tried an R-10 rear as well for the CCS races. WOW, the thing was just planted the whole race. I had an 003Pro for my Saturday races, and the traction control light would light up at some areas, especially shift points. With the R-10, nothing. More importantly, it just gave so much more confidence in the rear of the bike. Looking very forward to the front.

After my first Sprint race on it, I noticed almost zero tire wear. Kind of freaky, always used to seeing some balling of the rubber at NJMP (LOTS of right hand turns). I think I'll clearly get my money out of these tires.

I'm just a mid pack amateur, no experience with any top level Dunlops or Pirellis. Still, very glad to spend the extra $30 for the R-10.

3. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Glad to hear they are working well up there

4. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

I ran the R10 (front and rear) this past weekend and it looks like I'm a new Bridgestone customer! I ran a practice session and then the team challenge race at NJMP and I’m amazed with the grip and longevity of these new tires. After the 200, the rear was down to the wear indicators on the right side so I flipped it and did another practice session on Saturday with plans on running the GTU later in the day. Unfortunately, the rain came and I chose to sit out the race rather than chance tossing the bike down the road. The front tire still looks brand new even after something like 200 total track miles so I plan on using it at the next race weekend.

I have to thank Miles from Street & Comp as Stickboy for hooking me up with the tires.:up: I can’t wait to run these tires again!

BTW, the only time the tires came off line was when I hit oil on the track.

5. Brian, what were you running previously?

6. njracer

The Pies!:D

7. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

So the R-10 rear fipped quite well for you? Any odd feelings after it was flipped, or did it need a lap or two to break in?

I remember flipping a Pirrelli rear once, but didn't like it too much. Probably wore the right side too much.

8. njracer

No odd feelings at all, it worked great right off the warmers.:up:

9. Vort3xR6

Vort3xR6 Well-Known Member

Switching to these next round because I can't get GP-A's to stop cold tearing. Thanks for all the input in this thread.

10. canezach

canezach Well-Known Member

Brad, before you do, ask Comer if you could take a look at his rear tire from HPR on May 7th.

11. njracer

Sorry for the crappy phone pics but here is the front and rear R10 after a good 200+ miles at NJMP (I think it's closer to 220 miles). The rear has already been flipped.

:up::up: and a twist for the new Stones!:clap:

Attached Files:

12. STREETandCOMP

STREETandCOMP Since 1981

Glad to keep hearing good reviews with the R10's. It was great to talk to you Rich and Brian, and thanks for stopping by and giving us feedback at NJMP this past weekend. Look forward to seeing you guys at NHMS in June and NJMP in July.

13. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

Interesting to hear all the opinions on the new Bridgestones. I'm holding out for the new Dunlop GP-As they're releasing soon that're made here in the US on an Ntec machine but will be cheaper than UK Ntecs due to no shipping overseas.

...things are getting interesting!

14. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Just a quick thought. Have you had your tire warmers tested recently?

15. Is there a new tire im missing? :confused: There has been a Ntec machine in Buffalo spitting out tires for some time now, but they aren't quite at the same level as the UK tires.

...unless im missing something.

16. grantourin_90

grantourin_90 Well-Known Member

Yeah, throttle is on the right.....

Just saying :crackup:

17. It's on now....

18. wrenchfury

wrenchfury TRACKHEAD MOTORSPORTS

Derek, You can see them in action, when you put them one my R1 at JGP. :up::up:
    Thanks,

19. Ripp Racing

Ripp Racing Active Member

its not so much the machine its the rubber that they use to make the UK's