Guy Coulon Accident

Discussion in 'General' started by Rising, May 13, 2011.

1. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any discussion on this yet. Anyone know any other details? Is Guy at the track? This is very unfortunate.
    Coulon charged in accident

2. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

Man, that's terrible.

3. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

It was clearly a accident... Sad....

4. Jstu202

Jstu202 Bow to me! I drag knee!

Wow.. incredible. R.I.P

5. karrotx

karrotx Well-Known Member

Manslaughter, wow. Terrible

6. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Unfortunatlly, he operated the truck in a manner that cost someone else thier life. The Manslaughter charge is justified in my opinion. Its a shame that more US states don't follow the same protocall.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's standard operating procedure. You're automatically detained and questioned before they determined if charges will be filed.

8. HadBen

HadBen Well-Known Member

Guy was at the track yesterday. I shook hands with him and we exchanged greetings, but he was obviously preoccupied. I have not seen him at the track today, but I could have missed him. It is a tragic accident and I wish the best for Guy and the Tech 3 team.

9. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Damn, RIP dor the rider. Doesnt matter what the cops do, Guy will relive that forever. No worse penalty than that.

10. T.Read

T.Read Well-Known Member

Saw that yesterday and felt horrible for both Guy and the rider. Saw him while watching FP1 on the website just now. Can't imagine what he's going through.

11. Matt399

Matt399 Well-Known Member

If it was some random trucker that did that the beeb lynch mob would be in full force. I'm not saying whether I think manslaughter is appropriate for such incidents, just pointing out the fact that whether you know who he is or not shouldn't change how one thinks it should be handled. It's gotta be horrible to live with accidentally doing something like that and that feeling is probably worse than any legal punishment, but the most important thing is that someone is dead because of negligence. I feel horrible for Guy and even worse for the rider and his family... shit like that should NEVER happen.

12. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Isn't Vehicular Manslaughter basically the same thing?

13. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

I would think so but too often the charges aren't filed.

14. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to be funny but I hope the back of the truck had one of those "If you can't see my mirrors, I can't see you" stickers. OTOH why was he backing up at a toll booth?

RIP Rider. Don't know him but feel bad for the driver (Guy) as well, I'm sure he's distraught.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

car in front of him had stalled or broken down and was holding up traffic.

16. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

You were there?

17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Thanks for that info. I was wondering the same thing, why would he be backing up at a toll booth ?

18. ride4lame

ride4lame Well-Known Member

He was driving.
    Some one is dead.

Those are both facts.
    Therefore, the manner in which he was driving caused the loss of a life.

Thats not saying he was reckless.

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:stupid: