Vacation: San diego

Discussion in 'General' started by tunawest, Apr 20, 2011.

1. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Sammy's Woodfire Pizza...many locations. Eat dinner wherever you want, but, go there for a Messy Sundae.
    If you cave to her and start doing tourist stuff, go to the San Diego Zoo Safari Park (formerly known as the Wild Animal Park - not that far from Carlsbad). Last time there, I did the Caravan Safari where you ride in the back of a stakebed and they take you down into the field to get up close to the animals.

2. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

Must see attractions in SD:

Rubio's
    Roberto's
    In-and-Out
    El Indio

:clap:

3. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

Duh bro. That's why I'm hoping to stay with my aunt. Then I can spend a ton of $$ on nuclear sushi.

4. TSAVO5150

TSAVO5150 ASMA #70

The Tap Room in Ocean Beach, Lot's O beer and great pizza. Gonna be there next week for a few days.

5. scottyo

scottyo Active Member

In Carlsbad...

you got a great Outlet Mall on I5 and exit Palomar airport road. Go for a wagon ride through the Pacific Palisades flower fields (next to the outlet mall), win some points with your lady.

There is a great walking path on the beach in North Carlsbad on PCH and "Carlsbad Village Drive" to "Tamarack dr" great for a morning jog or milf watching. While there go to "harbor fish" and get some fish tacos.

Night life is the Coyote (in the village), they have live music, good food and good drinks. Check out their website for a schedule. It goes to hip hop at about 10 - 11 pm.

Pizza port is fun too, Carlsbad Chronic (home brew) is the shit, all haters can bow down.

Roberto's is a one step up from a TJ taco stand, but whatever they put in their burritos is magic.

My favorite place for dinner is "Le Passage" it a little French restaurant off state street and Carlsbad Village drive. Ask to sit in the back, they will walk you through the kitchen and you can meet the chief. But bring you wallet with a few dead presidents.

Outside of Carlsbad everyone else hit the highlights. I would add the Wave House in mission beach. and possibly a drive by and a bear in Oceanside, you can sit anywhere any watch jarhed squids do dumb shit with their 200 lbs wife on the bitch seat.

Breakfast at Pipes in Cardiff is good too, worth the wait.

enjoy

6. atomic410

atomic410 Well-Known Member

OB brosuph. maxin' relaxin'. If you have time go down the baja for a night to like rosearito (SP)

7. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

:bow:

8. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Oh, oh we got a swinger in the house :)

9. L8RSK8R

Ha ha, get your sushi on @ Thad's :)
    Make sure she's cleaned up before hand :)

10. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Rosarito.
    --dave

(graduate of 5th grade class of OB elementary 1971;
    former employee of Stuart and Meyers Mobile Station, corner of Newport and Cable, OB.)

11. tunawest

so, we both got the time off work and will be going the first weekend/week of august.

Now, my other major question since I have never really been to a beach. Sharks? Jelly fish?

12. L8RSK8R

Yeah, goto Black's Beach, lot's of jiggly things to see :)
    Check with local lifeguards on duty at the time they'll tell ya whats in the neighborhood.
    Shuffle your feet in the water, ya don't wanna step in a stingray. Would ruin your holiday.
    Shark's don't eat zonies, they might bite ya but for sure they'll spit ya out :)
    Bring your water-proof GoPro if ya have one. Shark attack video's are the best.

13. mkvamso

mkvamso Fall Risk

Ill be in san diego monday for a 5 day trip
    Is it still cold down there?

14. L8RSK8R

High 70's on the coast last Monday and cooler next week. Get's cool at night.

15. mkvamso

mkvamso Fall Risk

Ocean temp still cold as hell?
    Wasnt really planning a beach vacation but itd be nice to hang out at the beach a little and not freeze my ass off

16. fzr400tony

fzr400tony can't ride

Not to steer this is a completely different direction, but my wife and I are planning to go to San Diego with my seven year old son. Are there areas to avoid if you're going with a family? Good hotels to stay at near the zoo, beach?

17. chastain11

chastain11 Well-Known Member

Damn Tuna, you let me park my Tahoe at your house for a month. You should've told me and I would've left it for y'all to take. Of course putting fuel in that would've raped your nuclear sushi fund. It's looking like I might be crashing part of your vacation too!!:D

Btw, if anybody's ever in Baton Rouge, try Tsunami for sushi downtown. It's the best I've ever had. Im here this week and have been twice!

18. tunawest

haha yeah, filling that bitch up would have drained the vacation fund. She got her dad to let us use his 2000- something lil honda. Used to be his moms, and its literally got like 30k on it and its in great shape.

that would be sweet if you crashed our vacation! we can check out the babes together!

19. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

Lots of good info here. My approach is a bit different, taking the wife & kids (11 years & younger) around the end of August (should be warm, right?) for around 6 days. We're midwesterners, so help me out with some ideas for stuff to do with kids.... I guess this time we are staying out of the strip clubs, bars & Ti-hwaaana.

Flying into LAX and driving down, that worked the best with my FF miles & gives a chance to see some of the coast. We plan to hit Sea World & the Zoo, Mission Beach, In N Out....? We like Mexican, but sorry not into seafood.

Have reservations for now at the Hampton on Kearny Mesa Rd (~$160/nite), but if there are other options in better locations I'm open to ideas.

Hit me.

20. tunawest

Yeah.... I dont wanna go back to tucson.