1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stretch suit a bit?

Discussion in 'General' started by RedReplicant, Apr 6, 2011.

1. RedReplicant

RedReplicant Well-Known Member

I wear a size 40 Alpinestars suit and it's well broken in, is there a way to stretch the suit a little? It's really tight with my Alpinestars Tech protector - without it it fits perfect (I wear skin tight suits, not baggy). Should I go up a size, not that I can afford it right now, or is there a really thin back protector that is still good?

2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Send it Barnacle Bill or Spyderchick and have it altered.

3. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

take a shower with it on, and go for a ride till its dry.

4. kneedragger29

kneedragger29 Well-Known Member

5. RedReplicant

RedReplicant Well-Known Member

Wouldn't mind giving either of them my business, I guess that is what I might have to do. :up:
    That actually works? :crackup:

6. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

7. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

suit stretch

if it's already broken in it's probably already stretched what it's going to do. if only the chest to the waist needs letting out a little that's a 75.00 fix plus return shipping or drop a UPS return label in the box . all the best. barnacle bill and darethea

BARNACLE BILL'S
    1106 LOGAN ROAD
    SPRINGFIELD, KY 40069

8. chuckbear

chuckbear Totally radical, bro.

On a similar note, how much use does it take before you would say a suit is broken in?

I've got a new suit and I just can't quite get off the bike like I was able to with my old suit, but I've only got one weekend of track time on it... trying to decide whether to give it more time or look into having it altered...

9. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

break -in

most off the rack suits should stretch in after a wear or two.

10. oconnor

oconnor Bad juju

I'm in the same boat with a new suit and a tech protector. I figure I'll wear it around the house (wife rolls her eyes) for a couple hours per day for the next week.

11. TJ

TJ Livin in a bubble

The more you wear the suit the more comfortable it will get. Think of it in the same way as a baseball glove.

12. gibson

gibson Sportbike Track Gear

Have you ridden in the suit with the protector yet? Sometimes after a good sweaty long ride it can loosen up. It did for me when i went to a chest protector.

13. madcat6183

madcat6183 2006 GSXR

Barnacle Bill, can you pm me or shoot me a contact #. or just post back, but Id like to talk to you about my suit too.

New CR1 Astar, 46/56 because my 44/54 was too tight everywhere to even get over waiste, but the CR1 is almost too tight to breath in the chest. I have a pretty wide chest/shoulder and tiny legs. I think I would need the legs altered to be tighter, and also possibly move the inseam a tad. Also might need the chest out a tad.

I should be wearing it this weekend to see if the chest will stretch a tad, or a lot since I prefer to wear a back protector, but the legs are pretty loose.

I am in OH, and think it might actually need to be fitted with you there to take measurements, so I would be willing to drive down to KY meet up, and leave it then pay shipping back.

Get at me if you could man. Thanks!