1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tire Warmer Poll

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Derick, Apr 23, 2011.

?

Tire Warmer Poll

1. Chicken Hawk Standard

19 vote(s)
    22.1%
  2. Chicken Hawk Pole Position

22 vote(s)
    25.6%
  3. Woodcraft

45 vote(s)
    52.3%
  1. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

Which would you go with for your first set of warmers

2. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

T2 Warmers, great product, incredible customer service if you need it, great price.

3. Bigmac776

Bigmac776 Active Member

T2's are great warmers and Stickboy takes great care of you at the track. For the price for fully adjustable warmers, they are a bargain. I own two sets of them.
    You can't go wrong with the CH but they are top dollar units.:up:

4. MYZ1K

MYZ1K Well-Known Member

I have the T2 warmers and really like them. They are my first set as well.

5. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

This will be my first set of warmers. I'm the kind of guy that would rather spend a bit more up front to get a good product.

6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

T2 Here as well... Stickboy treat his customers right!! Modify the pole...

7. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

it wont let me edit. MOD - can you add T2 to the poll. However I was really only considering purchasing one of the 3.

Can somebody tell me what the advantages to having adjustable warmers compared to the single temp ones?

8. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

Single temps are great if you show up at the track and it is 85-90 air temp.....but if you live in the real world, you need to be able to adjust the warmer temps to real world air temps....lower if it is cooler, ect......worth the money, T2 warmers rock.

9. ScottyJFZ1

ScottyJFZ1 UVBNFZD

I was going to get T2's from stickboy but I could not wait since I had track day coming up...ended up with STG's tire warmers so far very nice..

for the money T2's all the way

10. canezach

canezach Well-Known Member

I run Woodcraft dual temps and love them.

11. nikk777

nikk777 Well-Known Member

I have 2 sets of the dual temp woodcrafts, love'em! I borrowed some digital warmers of another brand and didn't like having to set the temp or do the c vs f conversion. Plus the woodcraft are turned off automatically when you pull them from the tire because of the connectors at the velcro.

12. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

My t-2's crapped out after less than a year. Woodcraft or Chicken Hawk, you will not be disappointed you spent the extra. In my opinion its the difference between Pit Bull and all others. There is no questioning the quality and serviceability.

13. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Nothing gets hotter and works as well as the Chicken Hawks. My two cents.

14. fzgixxerman

fzgixxerman AKA Mark Byrd

Chicken hawk all the way!!!!

15. ryanbabin526

ryanbabin526 Well-Known Member

I love my Woodcrafts for the same reason. I've had CH's before but not the top of the line ones, but no doubt they are great warmers.

16. grantcarruthers

grantcarruthers Well-Known Member

:stupid:

+3, Woodcraft dual temp FTW

The automatic disconnect is great, very glad I have them so I don't have to plug/unplug every time to assure I don't leave them turned on and get burns. If they're off the bike, they're turned off.

Easy on, easy off with gloves on no problem.

Big curtains for lots of wind protection, faster more even heating.

Tough materials, mine look new after several years

Zero problems

17. Waldo

Waldo Well-Known Member

Who sells these the cheapest? Chicken Hawk, Woodcraft and the T-2s?

18. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Woodcraft or CH. You can't go wring with either. I think that T2s are manufactured in China.

19. andor

andor Well-Known Member

Woodcraft dual-temps. Love 'em and they're not too expensive.

20. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

FWIW, iirc woodcrafts are made in china, too, albeit to more stringent quality control than other chinese manufactured brands. Chicken Hawk Racing tire warmers are the only brand that are actually manufactured in the USA.

another plus is that CHR offers a trade-in allowance on their warmers if you decide to upgrade. My first set was over 10 years old when they were retired and traded in on a new pair.

CHR is doing the lion's share of the R&D for everyone else. Sumomoto's and their affiliate brands are pretty much blatant rip-offs of CHR product, but are made to significantly lower quality standards.

CHR's customer service is some of the best in the industry and CHR's owner is an active WERA racer.