1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on Boot Selection..Sidi Vortice or Alpinestar Supertech R

Discussion in 'General' started by Silver_Bullet, Mar 11, 2009.

1. zyre2503

zyre2503 Well-Known Member

sidi.. comfy and easiest locking mechnism

2. Jason748

Jason748 Race Junkie

Over thast 5 years I've went from Sidi Vertigo Corsa, to Puma, back to my Corsas, then to A* Supertech R's, now on to the Vortice... The A*'s are comfy, but the Sidi's are better. Only thing I don't like about the Vortice is they're kinda fiddily to get on & off - but worth it.

3. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

One thing I don't get is why does Sidi use screw on toe sliders? That just seems incredibly stupid. What happens when you're lazy and don't replace the slider before you grind the head off the screw?

4. drew231506

drew231506 Zero sponsors

I just bought a pair of the Astars SR- They are amazingly comfortable. I agree though, they dont have as many safety measures as other boots. But it seems the best in the sport wear them. The other nice thing about the boot, there arent any external protruding pieces that can get hung up on the bike when shifting around. This happened all of the time with my previous pair of boots.

5. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

i would almost wear my supertechs r's over my tennis shoes no joke.

people say it doesnt look protective??? seems pretty damn protective to me, and im sure they wouldnt release a product if it wasnt.

i could jump on the side of my ankle and it wont even flitch.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  6. Rob860

Rob860 Well-Known Member

You can't beat the fact that the Sidi's have replaceable soles but ankle braces do get hooked on my rearsets sometimes...

7. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Alpinestars will re-sole your boots, for a fee of course - but the service is there if you need it.

8. TJ

TJ Livin in a bubble

The $40-80 that they charge includes shipping back to you, new buckles if needed, and a once over looking for anything damaged.

I see many people questioning the flexibility of the ankle support in the Supertech R. Alpinestars designed the ankle support to be some "give." If they locked the ankle in place then all of the energy of a crash would be transferred up the leg which increases the likelihood of a knee injury.