help!!

Discussion in 'General' started by ittayem66, Apr 10, 2011.

1. ittayem66

ittayem66 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We just picked up our new 8.5 x 20 from elkhart yesterday. The 2011 Escalade towed it just fine but....... it averaged 7-8 mpg at 65 mph. Should I start shopping for another tow vehicle? Or another trailer?

2. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

How much do you plan on towing and would selling/refinancing be worth it? If you get a big diesel pickup you may get 12-15mpg. How much would you really save?

3. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

As a young kid I lived in an Indiana neighborhood that looked just like that.

Other than that, I have nothing to add. Except that I get better mileage in a 36' RV that you're getting in that ghetto sled. :D

4. ittayem66

We just upgraded from a 3 place shores motorcycle trailer. We would have to cram all our gear, tools, generator,spares,gas cans,and food in the back of the truck. We wanted a little more breathing room and be more organized. We do split the cost of gas so I guess I shouldn't be complaing to much.

5. ittayem66

You wanna see ghetto sled this is what it normally rides on.
    [​IMG]
    Now what kind of mpgs are we talking now :D

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Okay, you're towing a big ass square box with a big ass square box and you're wondering why your mileage sucks big ass ass? :D

7. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Sell the AM wheels for gas money :)

8. ittayem66

Lol. :eek:

9. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Any mods to the car?
    With my E350 Diesel van, stock I got 9mpg towing my 20.
    Put a high flow exhaust, programmer and air filters, and
    jumped to 12.

10. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Where I come from, the word "HELP!" is reserved for situations like house fores, floods and tornadoes, not crises of foolishness.

You really need all that to bring one or two bikes to the track? Then you really need to whine about it?

Man up. Get a beater pickup and a little trailer. Leave the Pimpmobile for hauling ho's, like Detroit intended.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dude, seriously, I get the always negative crotchety old man act is cute in some circles but it really is getting old on here.

12. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

What's your normal mileage when you're not towing?

13. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

I would try the hand calculated MPG first and see if the onboard one is even accurate, some are some are off a good bit. Yes, your mileage will suck but like someone said, how much are you going to be towing with it? Im looking into a bigger trailer too but i dont tow a lot and I'd like to have the extra storage/organization even though it will cost me with MPG. I think they say you get more wind drag at the back of the vehicle more so than the front so a v-nose really wouldnt help a lot.

14. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

Is that whip, pink? Like one of those mary kay cars?

15. ittayem66

No mods done. I was thinking maybe a cold air intake and a nice tune could help a little.

16. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Just like a bike, you'll get the biggest gain from the exhaust.

17. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Did you manually calculate your MPG, or just rely on the computer to tell you the truth? I've never seen on board that was accurate.

18. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Whats the best way to calulate gas mileage manually? Filling up at a pump driving and then returning to the same pump to fill up again?

19. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

That doesn't seem right. I get 9-10 mpg towing a 26' toy hauler with a 2500 Suburban (5.7 liter). 4x4 with 4.10 gears, too. I tow at 60-65, how fast are you towing? Mileage REALLY goes down as speed goes up.

20. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973