1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTF! Stetsons for all Army?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Sacko DougK, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

2. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

That is beyond cool. :up:

Ah, April 1. I'm totally for the Stetson in any event. The original flat-biller.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  3. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I love it. I predicted this when the Army wussed out and let everyone start wearing the beret instead of earning it. Now everyone gets to wear the Air Cav hat without earning it.

Let's just kick the shit out of more tradition. :rolleyes:

Maybe it's an April Fools joke.

4. Pilotx1

Pilotx1 Well-Known Member

The Army's official adoption date of the Stetson will be April Fool's Day, 2012.

hahaha

5. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

"The Army's official adoption date of the Stetson will be April Fool's Day, 2012"

With this posted as the last sentence and the date of the article is 4/1/2011, I'd say "APRIL FOOLS".

BTW, not a fan of the beret in any case.

6. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

I saw that link and thought "the beret was bad enough, now this bullshit" Then I caught the adoption date.

I was in when we switched to berets, what a clusterfuck. We had a lot of people looking like pizza makers and Frenchies.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Ya think?

8. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

Me too. It was / is hot and did nothing to keep the sun out of your eyes. Nothing like a wool hat on your head in the summer.

9. dianhsuhe

dianhsuhe Well-Known Member

Cav Scouts shit a brick when they saw this I bet, until the end.

Hooah

10. nycstripes

nycstripes Meatball's Dad

Just wait until alternate lifestyle troops begin to rock those....

11. guero68

guero68 Well-Known Member

Great 1APR joke

In the ARMY and I hate the beret...cant put it on with one hand unless you dont care how you look....

12. Sacko DougK

Hey, is that a G or a Q in your name? You never know about with this new military. :D

13. guero68

guero68 Well-Known Member

its a G

14. Sacko DougK

Just having a little fun, no offense intended. :beer:

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I still want a Cav hat but I won't wear one because quite simply I'm not in nor have I ever been in the Cavalry (grandpa was but I don't have one of his).

16. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

A horse, somewhere, has got to be thankful for that....:D

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Where did I say I was going to ride a horse? Although a Morgan or Clydesdale or the like would be pretty damn cool :D

18. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

The best April Fool's jokes are the ones that are plausible. I could see the current crop of leadership canceling weapons while focusing on fashion.

19. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I got out before the switch happened, and was glad of it.

I was like you, and could totally see them doing it. Very believable April Fools bit.