1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Officer James Stewart

Discussion in 'General' started by hdrk2006, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

Theres definitely some hate in this thread, but in this case its deserved.

Stupid prank and I'm sure he will get get some heavy fines & probation. Possibly a suspended license. But no jailtime. Big money, also means big lawyers. And I dont think Bubba will have a problem proving to a judge or jury that it was a lapse of judgement in which noone was hurt.. and a mistake he will definitely not make again.

And you can forget about the truck being sold at auction. Again he will get it back after big fines are being paid. You guys act like this isnt America. Money talks.

2. Cody W.

Cody W. Well-Known Member

im not sure he is going to get off with just a fine...this is a lot more serious than it seems...the spokesperson stated they want people to feel safe when they get pulled over....that sounds like an example is going to be made....this kid just served himself a shit sandwich.

3. breaux

breaux Well-Known Member

The officer in the video states this sort of thing happens all the time. Curious what the usual punishment is.

4. Saltman

Saltman Curves Are Sexy

I don't think all people feel safe when they are pulled over now anyways - with as many vids out there of cops beating people or the undercover cop drawing his gun on the biker. They always say they'll make an example, but money goes a long ways. (i.e. paris hilton's jail time) Wait a minute... oh yea, he's black. Nevermind, he's screwed.

And I don't know about you all, but I don't believe everything the media reports. They get a lot of stuff wrong and stories tend to change and get exaggerated.

5. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Deferred prosecution agreement.

6. bkeros

bkeros Well-Known Member

Really? Is he that stupid?!?

Apparently he is...although it's hard to believe he's that stupid

Guess I better believe it.

I'd think that between his "role model" status, and the nature of the offense, they're gonna throw the book at him. I doubt he'll get any jail time, but it's otherwise sure gonna cost him!

You think Sr. is gonna kick his ass? Just wait until his SPONSORS get ahold of him?!?

What about all the hangers-on that he seems to have? They're REALLY gonna kick his ass for screwing up their free ride!!

Wow...I guess he lost perspective regarding what standards he's being paid to uphold...and how far he has to fall!

7. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Its does happen more than u would think BUT usually they don't get caught... I mean how many people impersonate a cop and pull over a car load of cops! LMAO

Would be interesting to see what the normal plea is when the person does get caught...

Ride safe,
    AAron

8. Cody W.

Cody W. Well-Known Member

i agree but i think that the most important thing stated is that the person getting pulled over is 100% sure its a cop and not some tool who is going to yell at them or worse rape, murder or rob.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think there is a difference between doing dumb shit that only hurts yourself, and doing things that affect others. If you're just pulling your cousins over and having a laugh about it, fine. When you start pulling over strangers who want no part of your stupid games, that's where you cross the line.

10. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I wonder what James would think if some psycho with a blue light pulled over his Mom and blew out her butthole...

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He impersonated a cop as soon as they plugged those lights into the dash. He doesn't have to be in uniform or say a word, the lights are way more than enough.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Didn't you watch the video? They pulled the car over, pulled in behind them, then alongside and the passenger started yelling about them slowing down. That's when the cop showed his badge and they got scared and ran off.

The used the lights, they pulled over with the off duty cops, they ran their mouths, they got scared and ran when they realized these were real cops, they went to jail.

13. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

:up:

I wonder if other folks will show up and say,"He did the same to me.Pulled me over,yelled at me etc etc."

The passenger/friend definitely should get a beat-down of some sort.44 years old acting like a dumb 19 yr old :rolleyes:

14. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

[​IMG]

I would never do that to James's Mom.

15. Hypnotiq

Hypnotiq Well-Known Member

What actually took place is going to largely effect the penalties in place.

Reading up on the FL statues, there are actually two different ones w/vastly different penalties. One for personating an officer, the other for use of blue lights.

843.08 - Falsely personating officer
    Is a 3rd degree felony, and according to to 775.082 punishable by up to 5 years in prison.

843.081 - Prohibited use of certain lights; penalty.—
    Is a 1st degree misdemeanor, and according to to 775.082 punishable by up to 1 years in prison.

16. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

There you go. Charge the felony, plea to the misdemeanor. Fine + supervised probation which switches to unsupervised once he completes 50 hours community service.

17. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

For all you folks wishing the worst, I'm sorry to ruin your day.

(10) A violation of this section is a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable as a nonmoving violation as provided in chapter 318.

18. Trimmed Jennis

Trimmed Jennis Well-Known Member

i think you're all missing the point here... the off duty office flashed his badge trying to get out of a speeding ticket. aren't we always upset that cops speed without lights? and this cop was speeding in his off duty car and then tried to use his status of being a "fellow officer" to get out of any punishment.

That's the real issue here.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What are the penalties for such a violation?

It has to be serious enough if his truck was repo'ed by the authorities.

20. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I guess i'm saying he's not looking at the electric chair or a 10-year sentence in the pen.
    He's being charged with impersonating, but a half-ass lawyer will beat that charge down. He'll walk away with use of improper lighting or some such, pay some fines and maybe pick up trash for a month.

Edit: on the vehicle thingy I don't know. States are being tough asses about snatching up vehicles and auctioning them off.