1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona Supercross

Discussion in 'General' started by K Kling, Mar 5, 2011.

1. APCh8r

APCh8r Well-Known Member

That was a huge wreck, hopefully it doesn't cost his chances for the championship

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  2. K Kling

K Kling Well-Known Member

Uh ohh, Alessi needs to step it up if he wants bragging rights over Stewart. Believe the hype! :crackup:

3. RFORC1

RFORC1 Well-Known Member

Finishing in 9th after that crash was pretty amazing.

4. K Kling

K Kling Well-Known Member

Villopoto needs to buy a lottery ticket before he goes home!

5. roxychic46

roxychic46 Well-Known Member

I can't imagine how much Stewart would have won the race by if he wouldn't have crashed. How is it he is the only one completing that jump with all that talent on the track?

6. olgoodf3

olgoodf3 'Merica

I didn't think he was going to be able to get his leg back over the bike, let alone pass 11 people and run in the teens.

7. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

tiger blood or Adonis DNA, I can't figure out which he's got more of.

8. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

James is a man.

9. B. Myers

B. Myers Well-Known Member

so why did they run the SX race at the start of Bike Week as opposed to the Friday night to close it out and ahead of the 200, etc the next day?

To draw more fans? Why wouldnt they move the 200 up then??

10. AndyR1

AndyR1 Well-Known Member

I was there to watch this one. Great time as always. Stewart is a mad man and puts on a great show every time. Ricky Carmichael did a great job designing the track.

11. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

How the eff did he even get back on the bike?

post crash #7 did a 1:15.556
    #2's best lap was 1:17.306
    The rest of the top 5 were in the 18's

that tallent gap is effing insane!

I can not wait to go to indy next weekend

12. mcskeeto

mcskeeto Well-Known Member

13. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

seeing that Stewart crash in person pretty much right where it happened Im shocked he 1) got up, 2) limped 50 yards over to the bike, 3) the front end hadnt snapped off the bike, 4) he insisted on going on even after falling off the bike trying to restart it, and 5) that Villapoto couldnt lap him in 16 more laps....
    Like someone said in the top 5 racers thread. He keeps his head on and the wheels on the ground, easily one of the top 5 guys on 2 wheels in the world.
    Hell if you saw his heat race he laid the bike down on the start of lap 2, fell to 8th, but came back and decimated the field...

14. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Bubba showed the world what real mental and physical toughness is last night. First, he sorted out a jump that nobody else figured out or executed, shaving 2-3 seconds off every lap. Then he had a massive faceplant crash, that would have killed a lesser man. He crawls to his bike and clambers aboard, too dazed to recognize (at first) that the tail end was jacked up. Then he reenters the race, slowly picks up his pace until he is running faster laps than the leaders!

The man is a testament to training, dedication and focus! Chuck Norris vs. Bubba? BUBBA, FTW!

Great show. That's entertainment.

15. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

With all the talk of post concussion syndrome in other sports, I can't believe the medical officer tapped the seat for bubba to hop on after he fell trying to hop on at first. Seemed irresponsible to me

16. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

If Bubba had a brain to go with all of his talent he would be unstoppable. The kid is his own biggest enemy. He is by far the most talented rider out there but because he doesnt have a clue when to push and when to back off there is a 50 / 50 chance he will either win or auger in to the dirt.

17. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

I think they are doing amateur supercross races on sunday (trying to increase the revenue stream)....part of the reason they moved it a week ahead of the 200.

18. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

I was surprised to see him get back on myself. He wasn't pushing whenever he crashed though.

19. roxychic46

roxychic46 Well-Known Member

When he crashed it wasn't an area where he was taking a big risk. IMO when he rides on the edge like that he wins more, versus riding smart or slow. Besides riding smart only gets him T-BONED.

:beer:

20. cowboy600rr

cowboy600rr Well-Known Member

The thing is, he wasn't pushing when that crash happened (not to say he hasn't do so before, but...). The bike flat out hooked up when he came out of the turn, keeping the front wheel up. I guess in hindsight he should've tip-toed around the corner. But when you're in the zone and that pumped, it's hard to pussy-foot it. Amazing what happens when the front wheel misses the launch of the lip. He's definitely on his game w/ fitness and ability. I really like RV and have been happy with the fact he's been right there and riding smart. These guys are not going to be able to not take risks and expect to win. And yes, I still want someone to throw Reed a beatin'.