I am a short bastard any tips

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by ian7321, Feb 15, 2011.

1. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

I'm 5'-6" with a 29" inseam and did it for years....I'd love an extra two inches.

Aw.. f#ck, did I just type that? Might as well leave it.. Flame away.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  2. Nermin

Nermin Member

hahah, i didn't notice it til you pointed it out then I laughed out loud.

3. 418

418 Expert #59

I will say the RSV is one tall bitch.

4. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Sure is.
    I dated a 6' tall woman years ago and she was way easier to get on & off.

5. Vitamin-E

Vitamin-E cornerin lo in the 3-1-fo

Monte, no one on this board would turn down an extra two inches and they know it. Including the ladies. :D

6. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I am 6'7 I wish I was 5'8 when I was on a bike.

7. Lazarus

Lazarus SwaggaByLaz®

Man you guys are making me feel good about myself today. I'm 5'7". I knew I would find a sport where my height would be perfect.

On a note more related to the OP, I'm practicing dismounting and placing my 600RR on the rear stand in my garage. I asked my friend who races CCS how to do it and he said just practice, its not hard and it really isn't. You might be nervous at first and look a little wierd doing it but who cares.

What I do it make sure the stand is set up where all you have to do is roll the bike back near it. Let the bike lean against you and creep towards the stand. Make sure your front wheel is straight and use your left hand to balance the bike at the tail. Grab stand with right hand and hook the spools. At this point you can let go of the bike and put pressure on the stand and then just lift the bike. When you're about to let the bike down to get on make sure you have all of your gear and you're ready to ride or else it'll take you another min or so to lift it back up and down again.

8. bluebandit2g

bluebandit2g Well-Known Member

Im 5'6 on a good day, and its no problem. So long as your not a weakling. I dont mean that ugly just saying. Have to be strong enough to hold the bike up if it gets a little wobbly or off center. I just roll up under the tent, kill the bike. Get off. Hold it up by the tail section and put it up on the stand. I do the reverse to leave out of the pits. Warmers off, Hold tail section. Off rear stand. Just keep the weight of the bike near center or towards you and youll be good. Its easier if you will (wait till everyone goes by first) then roll the bike into the pit spot facing out. That way you dont have to push it out of the pit spot when time to head out.

9. im 5'6" and got a wife who loves racing........lol but i have done it myself just dont drop the bike. take your time. goodluck

10. Rich Graver

Rich Graver Well-Known Member

I dated one taller than that. When we were nose to nose my toes was in it and when we were toe to toe my nose was in it.

11. gixrdeb

gixrdeb Doesn't like to play nice

I'm 4'11" and when I'm on the bike both of my feet are close to 6" off the ground and I can still do it. If you really are 5'8" you really shouldn't be worrying or having a problem IMO. As long as you remember to always keep the bike straight up you're fine. I jump off then hold the bike upright with one hand on the tail section while putting it on the stand and do just the opposite when taking it off the stand :beer:

12. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

I'm 4'11" and when I'm on the bike both of my feet are close to 6" off the ground and I can still do it.

Do what deb :)

13. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

:stupid: 6'8" here.

14. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Baxley sport chock......makes loading a bike a snap. Could work in the pits too.....look it up.....nice.