1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DDo you use Galfer Wave Rotors

Discussion in 'General' started by doolicious, Feb 20, 2011.

1. doolicious

doolicious BrownTown

Do you use Galfer Sportbike wave rotors? Are these rotors better than stock? They claim to be nearly 4 lbs. lighter than stock. Are they worth it?

D.Brown #111

2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

They are if your one second off lap records at the tracks you race at. These will give you another .2 seconds a lap. Id spend the money on a spare set of wheels or something

3. gsxr1000bill

gsxr1000bill Well-Known Member

I do and love em, I think! But when I switched I went from stock lines, rotors, and pads to spiegleres, galfers, and pads front and rear! Felt like a totally different animal!

4. doolicious

doolicious BrownTown

Did you get the sportbike or superbike? They claimed to be nearly 4lbs. lighter than stock, did you check the specs?

DooDoo #111

5. Mikey75702

Mikey75702 Well-Known Member

I talked to the guys at galfer one thing to note is that after every season you pull the rotors and send them back. They clean them, and re-button them for free for the length you own them. Pretty cool.

6. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Very good to know.

7. benfer

benfer steadily going faster

I have a set on my main wheels, they came with the bike. My backup wheels have stock rotors. there is a noticeable difference between the 2. is it a 500 dollar difference? hard to say. i don't ride the stock rotors enough to make that judgment.

8. WayneDangerous

WayneDangerous Well-Known Member

Just eat salad for a week to lose 4lbs.

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Well, rotating mass and unsprung mass is quite a bit different than regular sprung mass. Losing 4lbs in the wheels/brakes is equal to losing anywhere from 8lbs to 40lbs from the rest of the bike (depending on who you ask:Poke:)

10. L8RSK8R

They were brand new on my bike when I bought it. They look cool but I'm a twit and would'nt notice any performance difference.
    Anyone ever try connecting the front brake master to the rear so both rotors work in unison?
    :crackhead: for my question.

11. Mikey75702

They said its only on the superbike rotors though. They will service their standard wave rotors, but they said they charge for it. That's why the superbike rotors are double the cost of their standard rotors. And my buddy swears by their customer service. He had them make custom superbike lines for him, he uses their rotors and pads, and recommends them to everyone.

The guys I talked too at the dc ims were awesome, gave out lots of cool tips.

12. atomic410

atomic410 Well-Known Member

if you are going from a semi floater to full floater you will notice a difference in braking. i have the full floater buttons on my ducati's brembo rotors and can strongly say that there is a difference when i swap between the two on differnt sets of wheels for different classes

13. JRA

JRA Well-Known Member

I like 'em, and I think they make a difference.

14. doolicious

doolicious BrownTown

Thanx '
    The salad is not working fast enough. Tally was an eye-opener for me. I was clearly strugling on the brakes. Trying to dump 10lbs. as well as upgrade the brakes .Guess I wont need breaks at Roebling.

D.Brown #111

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

$500 for a set of rotors?

or

$500 for a Brembo MC, Vesrah SRJL17s and SS brake lines

I know which route I would choose

16. L8RSK8R

And a lightweight battery ?

17. Cody W.

Cody W. Well-Known Member

my dad had them on his old r1....i didnt ride it that often but i could definately tell a differance from my stock from end gixxer

18. Mikey75702

The superbike rotors are like $950.... the standard wave rotors are 500

19. I have the Superbike rotors and like them. I really can't tell how much of a difference just the rotors make because i went with the rotors (front and rear), BST wheels, Brembo Calipers (and MC) and Pro-Bolt's "Ti unsprung overhaul kit" all at the same time.

IMO, mods are cumulative. In other words, no...you arent going to simply install a lightweight battery or swap all of your bolts for Ti bolts and go 2 sec faster per lap. But when little things like that are done in conjuction with several other things, it can transform the bike.

It all comes down to your budget. If you have to sacrifice seat time, tires and your house payment :D to get them, then the money is better spent elsewhere. But if you can buy them without affecting anything else, go for it.

20. RedEIKO0713

RedEIKO0713 you like noodles? fapfap

Only in superstock...