1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pa. teacher strikes nerve with 'lazy whiners' blog

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by KILLEN, Feb 16, 2011.

1. UngaWunga

UngaWunga Well-Known Member

Cheating prevention

[​IMG]

2. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

LOL.:)
    I just realized something. We've had a few threads lately that have drifted onto the education system and that's where you can sometimes go off on someone. Now I know why. Every day, promptly at 6 AM, I get down on my knees and thank God that I don't have children in public school anymore. I'm afraid that if I did, I would be spending a considerable amount of time in the local jail for going ballistic at school.

A person's children are the most important thing in their lives, (well, most of them anyway) and with the way the education system has evolved within the past 20 or so years, it's easy to see how frustrating it can be to deal with all the absolute stupidity involved. I'm quite sure that those teachers out there that have been involved long enough understand how education has degraded since the Government has gotten involved. Apparently, those teachers, and parents, have no say so in how education is being developed because if they did, it sure as hell would change.

Scotth, bite the hell out of the bullet and go private school for your kid. He deserves it. There are a hell of a lot of rules passed down to public education made by people that don't have a clue about how to educate children. When their ideas fail it's no skin off their nose. Parents, their children, and eventually society, get to deal with the failure.

3. mig1289

mig1289 Well-Known Member

I saw that the other day and thought it was pretty funny.

I grew up going to a high school in the same school district. Actually went out with a few girls from the school where this teacher is from haha

Outta the three high schools in the district the one this lady taught at is known for being pretty affluent. Kids driving bmws, mercedez, and audis etc.

I do have to agree with her since I do have a younger brother who still attends one of the middle schools in the district. Some of the kids now a day are pretty lazy, disrespectful, and expect to be given grades instead of earning them.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The system has evolved to what it is quite simply because you first line there isn't true. People aren't raising their children. They're popping out the little bastards and then expecting everyone else to raise them. Expecting teachers to do so - without giving the teachers any authority to do so properly. Expecting the government to control them. Expecting everyone else to be a parent but themselves.

5. glenngsxr

glenngsxr Well-Known Member

I'm not so convinced that there's a "good" way to parent and a "bad" way to parent. Now, keep in mind, I am not talking about doing drugs in the house or not having food on the table, etc.

I think different kids respond to different methods and this is the most important thing to realize and pay attention to when raising your kids.

I was with a girl for about 4 years and helped raise her daughter. She only responded when we were firm with her, when we told her what to do. Trying to incentivize her to do the right thing had no effect.

That relationship fell apart and now I have the pleasure of my wife and her son she brought to the marriage. I had to relearn my parenting skills with him. He did not respond to punishment, yelling, and taking things away. He did respond when I talked to him from a peer standpoint and trying to get him to do the right thing. It was the coolest thing I have ever seen. My wife was a yeller before and he was mostly an out of control kid that ate when HE was ready, showered when He was ready, and left messes wherever he went. Those days are gone and my wife loves that I got through to him. His grades came up and he behaves now. Parenting is not a one-size fits all job.

That being said, as Americans fall behind in regards to pay and what things cost, the need for a two-income household is more prevalent, which means less face time between parents and children. Not sure about most of you, but the 40 hour work week was out the window from day one for me and my wife. It's more like 50 or more for each of us. A lot of people make fun of the French and countries like that, but their family time and work schedules are great.

I don't think paying teachers more is the answer either. You could pay me twice as much and chances are I would not be able to do my job much better than now.

Teachers and parents both need to recognize what works with different kids and apply whatever is needed, accordingly.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The first step is paying attention and making sure you're actually raising your kids rather than ignoring them and creating laws to force others to do it all the while removing their ability to do so.

7. "They are rude, disengaged, lazy whiners"

Sounds like most of my college professors.

8. DrummerDaveB

DrummerDaveB The Spartan

Seeing how terrible most parents are these days, I really wish we could sterilize the entire population and you have to prove you're not a moron to have a kid.

Of course, it would/could never work or happen (@!$@% human rights)

9. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

It's all part of the entitlment culture. America is going down in flames, it's a tragedy, but it's what's going to happen. Protect yourself and your family, and fuck everyone else, especially our pathetic government and the bloodsucking wastes of life to whom our 'leaders' pander.

Here's a prime example:
    You can't "give" anyone motivation. Motivation comes from within, dipshit. It's not a teacher's job to find motivation for a snot nosed entitled brat.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  10. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I hope you do this in reverse order...it would suck to prove you are not a moron and can raise a kid after having been sterilized. :eek:

Government worker: "Gee Mr and Mrs Smith, you folks would be excellent parents and your kid would be a productive member of society, but we ripped out your vagina and cut off your balls.....maybe you folks can get a parakeet instead. Have a great day!!"

Mr and Mrs Smith: :mad: and :(