1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Places to go in Bozeman

Discussion in 'General' started by kyle carver, Feb 11, 2011.

1. kyle carver

kyle carver Well-Known Member

Next week we are going to Bozeman Mt for some skiing, does anyone know of good places to eat, drink and recover.
    Thanks

2. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

small college town, nothing special, try Spectators Sports Bar & Grill

3. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

Only thing I have ever heard of bozeman is the simms store. But I dont even know if they have like a public HQ there, or if its just like a warehouse. But if you are into fly fishing, check it out.

4. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

just ask Robert Pirsig, he wrote an entire book set there :Poke: (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance)

5. cv12201

cv12201 Well-Known Member

that place is Bad ASS. i used to live in Missoula. Had to drive from misssoula to bozeman to see my girlfriend.200mi. one way.I miss her:(

6. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

I lived there 6 years. Great town. For sure hit MacKenzie River Pizza company. Montana Ale Works was new when I moved and pretty good. Take a drive over to Manhatten and hit Sir Scotts Oasis Steakhouse. It is one of the best steakhouses in the country. When you get there don't be alarmed. The look and feel is not of a top quality place, but the steaks are that good. Or if you need a more refined eating establishment then go to the Land of Magic in Manhatten, MT John Bozeman's Bistro is also pretty good eats. For a quick sandwich shop hit the Pickle Barrel. Great sandwich shop. If you ski Big Sky then hit Lone Mountain Guest Ranch for dinner. It is pretty expensive, but worth the experience.

As far as Bars go the Rockin R Bar burned down and wont be reopened until August. It was a favorite and borderline dive bar, but then they remodeled it and it was reallly nice before the fire. Check out the Crystal. It is a real deal cowboy bar. And yes if you act like an ass you will get your ass kicked. No if's and's or but's. As a friend told me freshman year "Its easy to spot a real cowboy. They still have shit on their boots." The Zebra downstairs was also alot of fun, but bigtime college crowd. Molly Brown's is a great pool hall and part of the "Bar"muda Triangle. The Cannery is also a nicer bar to hit.

For sure ski Bridger Bowl. It is a great mountain and they added a few lifts since I lived there. A great mountain with some serious steeps for the advanced skier. If you are not a high level skier you will have more fun at Big Sky. Lone Peak Tram is freakin awesome. It is serious terrain though so make sure you are up for it.

Checkout Bozeman Hot Springs for some nice hot water pools and stuff. It was a dump when I moved there in '95, but was remodeled around 2000 and was really done nice. Not Spa caliber, but really a cool place to go soak and relax.

Damn I miss that town. Not really much as far as amenities, but the stuff to do outdoors was awesome. Very very few people and everyone was nice and laid back.

7. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Can't help with Bozeman- I flew in there but went straight to Big Sky. Big Sky is really cool and worth the drive to ski.

8. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

:stupid:

9. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

never been.....but I saw the Women of Walmart Playboy and there was a girl from Bozeman in it. She had nipple piercings and was hot as crap......I have wanted to go there ever since. Deborah Moss was her name and she put Bozeman on my map!!

10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I live 2 hours southeast of Bozeman, in Red Lodge. Lemme know if I can help with anything. Bozangelis is a cool town, but wayyyyyy too many people for my taste :)

11. 3twins

3twins Well-Known Member

The Emerson Grill has good food. (The last time I was there a few years back anyways.)
    Located in an old elementary school building I attended as a kid and has since been transformed into the Emerson Cultural Center.

I drove by Big Sky this past summer and was amazed at the sprawl. There used to be nothing out there back in the 80's. A couple cabins here and there but that was it.

Bridger is my favorite ski resort and I try get back every 5 years or so. Grand Targhee is my 2nd favorite.

12. ThrottleAbuse

Big Sky is my second favorite resort in the country. Jackson is #1.

13. kerns bbo

kerns bbo Well-Known Member

I just got back from there on Wed. We stayed at the Days Inn (actually a nice one). It was a King suite for $67 a night. This includes an actual cooked hot breakfast. I would recommend it.

Ski Bridger and Big Sky. Big Sky is much better (and worth it) but also farther and more expensive. If you go to Big Sky take the Skyline Bus. It is $2 for the round trip. You can have a beer or three, and then enjoy an hours nap instead of driving yourself.

We ate and drank at which I would recommend are Montana Ale Works, Burger Bobs, and Bacchus Pub. All were great but Burger Bobs isn't really a good night time hang out.

14. yella600rr

yella600rr Member

Wow, Bridger Bowl used to be a great place to ski. I left Bozeman over 20 years ago so I'm sure the place has changed. My favorite was the Pickle Barrol in college but it is just a sandwich shop.

15. ThrottleAbuse

Oh ya forgot about Bacchus Pub. Pulled it up on google maps street view. Damn bring backs memories. College was fun.

Bridger is for sure a locals mountain. You really need to know it well to take advantage of the terrain there. Tons of tight little chutes that always have fresh stashes of windblown snow at minimum.

16. cowboy600rr

cowboy600rr Well-Known Member

I can give you some updates on Monday. One of the women I work with lives in Bozeman and absolutey loves it. I'll hit her up and try and point you in the right direction.

17. richmeyer

richmeyer Active Member

I lived there for a year. Miss the hell out of that place. I agree with previous posters, Montana Ale Works and Sir Scotts for food. If you have to choose one, Sir Scotts. Though Montana Ale Works has a TON of beers on tap.

18. kyle carver

kyle carver Well-Known Member

Now this is the information one really needs, and yes we are staying at the Days Inn, and we will be humbled at Bridger Bowl. Last year we learned we couldn't ski nearly as good as we thought. Thanks all

19. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

That part of the country is my favorite. I know that this does not apply right now but I'll add that there are some great 4X4 trails around Big Sky. I was out there last year and hit some sweet trails at very high altitudes. Gets the adrenaline pumping when one small screw up and you're falling thousands of feet.
    Great Mtn bike trails too...just dodge the huge grizzly population.

:beer: