1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nastiest beer i ever put in my mouth

Discussion in 'General' started by james walker, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Infinotize

Infinotize Well-Known Member

Hmmm gotta say Iron City. Anything "Ice" or "with lime" also going to be terrible.

2. JohnnyTheboy

JohnnyTheboy Well-Known Member

That's because you are a pussy.:D

You have to drink it regular to not get a headache instantly.
    I don't get headaches anymore.:D

3. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Depends on the selectivity and cognitive ability of the taster :D

There are a number of beer compounds that are thought of as faults becuase when made properly (ie they are controllable via ingredients, process, and handling), they do not express themselves at high levels. Some of these are appopriate at certain levels in certain style's but are otherwise considered within brewing science as faults:
    *Acetaldehyde
    *phenols
    *DMS
    *diacetyl
    *fusel alcohols
    and quite a few others.

That said, I agree with Mongo; if you like or don't like something, it is what it is, and may or may not have anything to due with faults.

4. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

I agree with all those who said Sam Adams is crap. That overhopped taste feels like Im drinking soggy bread instead of beer.

5. mitch100

mitch100 New Member

Back when I was a student (and had no money), I tasted some pretty awful homebrews. Made me appreciate almost anything made to a commercial standard!

6. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

Pelican Pale Ale
    I'd rather lick taint.

what's wrong with taint.:p

7. scotth

scotth Banned

They make Stag five minutes from your house (well, they used to, anyway). Recognize for the locals, bish! :D

And I hate to agree with the Navy fairy, but I was in a Schlafly's brew pub and ordered a beer sampler. One of them was purple. I'm adventurous, so I tried it.

Easily the best beer I had there, and I've been trying to get some to travel ever since. It's some sort of blueberry ale, and they only sell it in growlers. They need to bottle it.

8. Repeater

Repeater USCGRR

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

Gives me the runs in three beers.

9. Steve Karson

Steve Karson Tcasby is my Bitch !!

Ranger... mmmmmmmmmm very nice........

10. Gonzo

Gonzo Maybe you should drive...

Bigfoot Ale - absolute liquid shit one sip I almost puked.........

11. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I need to make another batch of homebrew. The last I made was not too bad. At least all the people with our ride group seemed to like it at the cabin after the day's canyon carving. :p

12. jiffyzx6

jiffyzx6 Well-Known Member

I personally like landshark, open the bottle and fill the neck with a lime tequilla... its good... n since I can't get Yuengling Lager out here I gotta fly home to get it.

o and guinesse extra stout... if you don't get a bad bottle its good.