Gold Rush Alaska

Discussion in 'General' started by Daekwan, Feb 8, 2011.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

How about when they went bear hunting with an AR-15 and a pistol? They might as well throw rocks at the bears:tut:

2. BuiltforSin

BuiltforSin In the grass

This! :up: The Asian one? I love her.

3. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

The asian one? Well, she's part asian... in a manner of speaking.

4. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

I thought the show would be cool but they are all idiots. It was funny when the teenage kid came over and showed them what was up.

5. daviid

daviid Well-Known Member

I love this show. It says "dont do this" all over it. I have a major feeling that when Todd went to visit his sister for money. Discovery footed that bill.

6. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

My wife have been watching this since it started and we just shake our heads in disbelief of how moronic these guys are. Why wouldn't they have ONE person with them that knew half a shit about mining? I can't believe the father hasn't killed someone with the equipment-seems like he is just flailing around with reckless abandonment!

7. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I am in Alaska 1/2 the time. All of those shows are over dramatized crap. You may as well watch soap operas.

Deadliest Catch Cokeheads one and all

Ice Road Truckers Whatever. I drive those roads every day at work. They are nothing special. They are gravel roads with snow on them.

The flying show I work with guys that started with that guy. Not much good to say about him.

The Palins What can you say? Some nice scenery if you mute Sarah.

I could go on but dont have the energy. The Alaska shows are as realistic as that Oklahoma drilling show on Discovery. I think it is called Black Gold and is absolute crap. All of those reality shows are very removed from reality. I guess if you are looking for something to put you to sleep they may suffice....

8. jdhaasjr

jdhaasjr Trackday junkie

Dakota Fred hit it on the money. You got to process the dirt as much and as fast as you can. It is all about the volume of material.

9. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Deadliest Catch is good TV, cokeheads or not.

10. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Plus, you really cant discount the quality of the dudes facial hair. Thats some HoF caliber shit there

11. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

In the end... :stupid:... but there is no racing on. What's a guy to do? We all know reality TV isn't real.

I did like the outdoorsy part of Sarah's show. My wife and I have really enjoyed the new one on the Travel Channel. It's called The Wild Within. The first episode in Alaska was the best one so far.

12. Ryan S

Ryan S Well-Known Member

lol what tv would you RATHER watch?? of course they aren't going to go broke, not when they are going to bring home 30-50k a episode from the network! use your heads people

13. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

I've seen one episode of the Flying Wild show and enjoyed the flying parts. It's cool to see them ski across the water to land on a sand bar.

When I saw the daughter I thougt she looked really familiar. I was watching Wipe Out later on and remembered that she was on that show this past summer.

14. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

they finally get dakota fred there to help out, and they give him a hard time. if i were them i would be thrilled someone that knows what they are doing is there to help, but not these guys