Quick shifter FI light issue

Discussion in 'Tech' started by babyboy30116, Feb 6, 2011.

1. babyboy30116

babyboy30116 Member

I have a 04 gsxr 1000, And I decided to add a Dynojet quick shifter. but now my FI light comes on after my first upshift. It goes away if you full the clutch in and cycle the kill switch but come right back on when you shift. Is there anything I can go to fix this. :beer:

2. zwalker16

zwalker16 Zack Walker

do you have the powercommander and ignition mod? did you shift enable?

3. babyboy30116

babyboy30116 Member

I have a PC3. No ignition module though. I enable the shifter and changed the the kill time to 55 milliseconds to see if that would fix it but no go. What crazy is you can put the bike on stands and quick shift away with no FI light. But when you ride it, you get the FI light after the first up shift.

4. zwalker16

zwalker16 Zack Walker

Do u have the code reader? Or is the fi light just coming on? I don't know much about the 04 but I have an 06 race and you have to have the ignition mod in order to use the QS! That may be ur prob let me look into be back in a few

5. zwalker16

zwalker16 Zack Walker

Yeah you need the ignition mod my friend. The ig mof plugs into the pc3 where ur QS is plugged into at the moment and ur QS plugs into the ig mod! That's why ur getting a light

6. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

That bike is not supposed to require an ignition module for the quick shifter. There's something else going on with the installation.

7. zwalker16

zwalker16 Zack Walker

oh really

8. babyboy30116

babyboy30116 Member

I think I may just play around with the kill time. Maybe its to high right now. I'm lost.

9. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

Use the plug under the tail section to pull the code. You can find out exactly whats wrong and fix it instead of spending a week randomly making changes.

10. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

its a 4 injector bike...no need for Ignition module guys.

take a piece of safety wire...the big white plug in the tailsection, take rubber cap off..there is a blk/wht and a wht/red wire...jump them...start/run bike and see what code pops up in the dash where water temp is normally.

11. babyboy30116

babyboy30116 Member

First.. What do I need to pull codes? Second ed who? Don't have me blowing up my bike..lol J/K. I will give that a shot tomorrow. But I found something else weird. If I use the quick shifter at about quarter to half throttle while riding it doesn't give a FI light. I can also disable the quick shifter and run it normal with no issue.

12. Cajun

Cajun North of Phillip Island

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

note this pics are from my k4 600, but your 1000 prety much the same

13. babyboy30116

babyboy30116 Member

Can't see the picts cajun.

14. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

Try a firmware update on your PC3. I don't know specifics for your bike, but for some other bikes that often cures random FI light issues. A call to DJ support wouldn't hurt either, a few times they have emailed me "patch" software for certain problems.

15. babyboy30116

babyboy30116 Member

Ok i will give that a shot.

16. babyboy30116

babyboy30116 Member

I got in touch with power commander online service and they uploaded something on to my bike that fixed the problem. Donno what though. Thank for everyones help.