1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paypal can suck my balls

Discussion in 'General' started by metalkid88, Feb 7, 2011.

1. metalkid88

metalkid88 Well-Known Member

Just logged into my account and see this weird transaction to Gamigo AG for $821 bucks i have no clue what that is nor did i send a payment to who ever the fuck that is.

I was saving that money for my new suit this year. And now im fucked put a clain into paypal waiting to hear something back. Really gettin fired up now tho.

this sort of thing happen to anyone else?

2. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

That's exactly the reason why I have a bank account that is used for absolutely nothing else other than paypal transactions. Need to buy something - move money into that account. Sold something - move money out of the account. I think the balance in there right now is about $0.31. If the bastards want it, they can have it.

3. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

Haha, I do exactly the same!!!!

4. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Why are you blaming Paypal before giving them a chance to fix the issue? :rolleyes:

While their fees and other assorted crap can be ridiculous, I chalk it up a the cost of convenience and doing business.

They have cam through for me very quickly the 2 times I needed to file a claim on my behalf.

5. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

I never leave money in my PayPal account anymore, nor is it linked to any checking account with any amount of money in it. If I want to use my PayPal, money gets transferred into that account and I buy something with it. If I sell something the money immediately comes out of that account. I had someone file a bullshit claim against me once and Paypal becomes the judge, jury, and executioner all of a sudden and separates you from your money.

6. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I do exactly the same thing. Put the money in only for the cost of the item + about $10-20 just in case.

7. metalkid88

never thought it would be a problem. Guess i was wrong hopefully if this works out for me ill dowhat you guys do.

Just want my money:mad:

8. Dissevered

Dissevered Well-Known Member

Good idea... after seeing this thread, I think I will do that.

9. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

I had an issue called the 800 number sat on hold for ever but as soon as I spoke with a rep it was all set and cleared up..

10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

change your password often. Make sure "auto complete" is turned off.
    ALWAYS hit the logout button.:up:

11. metalkid88

yeah well i guess i learned the hard way just got off the phone with Paypal. there is a dispute and they said it will take up to 10 days but they flagged it as being suspicious so hopefully everything goes alright.

12. Lazarus

Lazarus SwaggaByLaz®

I hate paypal.

13. ride4lame

ride4lame Well-Known Member

I've never had any issues with money disappearing and the few issues I've had through ebay- they were very reasonable and got me my money back.

I did have some random amounts disappear from my regular checking though- bank caught it and refunded me. It was like 38 cents an 12 cents to some off shore account. LOL

14. atomic410

atomic410 Well-Known Member

paypal sucks. I got some fishing emails a few months ago with tracking #'s on them and they couldn't tell me if the #'s were really from them or not. they gave me a run around until i started to flip my shit after being on the phone and transfered for way too long to answer that question. finally they got me to someone who's job it is to actually help someone. they are all f'd up.

15. MotorSWATCop

MotorSWATCop Former Trackday Turd

My account got hacked on Paypal's end. It took about 10 days but the money was refunded. It was postage purchased to the former Soviet bloc states that got mine. Be patient and they will get it right.

16. RedReplicant

RedReplicant Well-Known Member

Paypal takes forever to resolve situations like this. Someone bought an itunes giftcard with the paypal account that was linked to my Apple account... took them 3 weeks to refund my money.

17. PVR46

PVR46 Well-Known Member

I've had my battles with Paypal as well, and they used to insist on a police report from your local PD. Anything to make you jump thru extra hoops...
    My bank returned my funds as it was obvious fraud, then Paypal contacted me 2 weeks later.
    Now if I HAVE to use Paypal, I never use the direct transfer from the bank acct attached to my Paypal acct (in fact it's now been closed for months) but rather a credit card that I have attached to the Paypal acting as a back-up funding source.

Now if I have an issue I have another avenue to pursue with the credit card and credit card companies have consumer protection laws in regards to refunds that they must comply with.

You'll get your money back, it just may take a couple weeks.

Another go to place if you ever get stuck with Paypal or ANY online/intardWebz FRAUD is the US Postal Inspection Service.

https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/

This is one switched on US Gov't agency.

HTH,

Dave

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  18. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Got 3 G's sittin in Paypal and transferring immediatley.
    Thanx for the heads up.
    Ya know last year they put a hold on funds I had been sent from purchaser. This was $7000 and I could'nt touch it for a month. Kinda crazy when ya think about it. Bikes gone and I can't access my money. I'll continue to use 'em I guess until I get smarter.

19. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I paypal with a visa.

Then I have 2 backups.

I used to link them to a checking account, but I quit that.

20. Vinny337

Vinny337 Vin is in...Beastmode!

+1