1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pit Bull trailer restraint installation

Discussion in 'General' started by benfer, Feb 2, 2011.

1. MotorSWATCop

MotorSWATCop Former Trackday Turd

I ran 2 of the bolts though the cross member of the trailer. Never had a bit of problem. Great system. Actually, it lasted longer than my GSXR...that's another story.

2. Saltman

Saltman Curves Are Sexy

Here's another question that's topic related...

Once the PB restaint is mounted, is it permanent? Or can it be moved over if need be?

Reason I ask is because I will mainly be towing one bike, but may at times need to tow 2.

3. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

You can remove the mounting plate and mount it somewhere else or you could buy a second mounting plate if you wanted to be able to change fast. Then you could just quick release the blocks that hold the bar and put them on the other mounting plate.

4. Saltman

Saltman Curves Are Sexy

Thanks! Great idea!

5. Rx3

Rx3 1%

Just bought my Pitbull Restraint. Looking forward to no more tie downs. :)

6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

It's the finest motorcycle carrying system I've used.

7. hazexban

hazexban Slow Poke

I have a 5 x 10 trailer. The width of my 675 and my friends R1 is 56.2 inches. The trailer 60 inches. So mathematically this SHOULD work. Anyone try using these for 2 bikes in a 5 foot wide trailer?

Could someone measure the base plate for me so I could map it out and see if it is feasible? I just want to figure as much of this out before we each buy a restraint.

Thanks!

8. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

One odd warning: When you are loading the bike into the van or trailer, tell any casual onlookers that you don't plan to use any straps. Otherwise, when you just roll the bike in and walk away, they will scramble to "catch" the bike, thinking that you forgot to strap it in. Some helpful folks get a little worked up at the idea of no straps :)

9. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

I ran two of the bolts through one of the crossmembers of the floor to give me the strength i needed.

10. KrashBandit

KrashBandit The other guy at Pit Bull

The floor plates are 24" wide x 6" long. It should work fine on those bikes...if your handlebars are the point most likely to rub, pull bike A into the restraint and turn the handlebars all the way to the right. Then pull bike B in and do the same thing. That will give you a little more room between the bikes. Another option is to put one bike going forward and the other going backwards.

11. hazexban

hazexban Slow Poke

Awesome, thanks for the info!

12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yes, or mount one plate about 24' behind the other....offset the bikes a little. I mounted mine with the bike facing the rear, backed it in the trailer, just thought it was easier....looks better also:up:

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

:stupid:

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

we two two bikes in a 5x8 open trailer with no problem using the PRS.

15. stow

stow Well-Known Member

I love mine. I just need to cut the red handle off as it gets in the way more than it helps. I have to mount mine so it is in front of the rear wheel.

16. benfer

benfer steadily going faster

I have to say after installing and use for only 3 track events, this is the single best thing I have purchased aside from the bike itself. Now I hate that I have to strap my toolbox down.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ha! I feel the same about having to strap down the ramps :D

18. hazexban

hazexban Slow Poke

Lol I am pretty sure I will have the same feelings!

19. LuckyBoi

LuckyBoi Active Member

installed one in my cargo van a few weeks ago (as designed with one plate). been great so far. i permanently store my bike in the van and has gone everywhere i run errands with the van. so i've done a lot of turns in and out of parking lots with ramps (causes side-to-side shifting) and over a high-speed bump I always hit on RT66 West somewhere between Arlington, VA and Falls Church. The bike gets light and i can feel it jostle the entire van forward and back as it settles down.

But it's holding strong! :D

20. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

You didn't see the Pit Bull toolbox restraint on their website?