1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FS or TRADE 02 Honda RC51 track only in North NJ

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by gacksnabbit, Jan 30, 2011.

1. gacksnabbit

gacksnabbit Member

2002 Honda RC51 track bike. Mature owner, excellent condition, needs nothing. Converted to track use at 1100 miles with about 15 track days total since then. Bike has been babied by old dude rider & religiously mantianed by a Honda technician since new. Has Sharkskinz bodywork, forks re-valved by Dan Kyle Racing with springs for 190lb. rider, Penske rear shock sprung for 190lbs. rider, Scotts top mount steering damper, Power Commander PCIII with mapping by Dan Kyle, Sato low titanium exhaust, Dan Kyle rear suspension link, Woodcraft clip-ons and rearsets, fresh clutch pack, 2-line direct front braided brake lines, HRC race brake pads, D.I.D X-ring chain w/520 conversion, Zero Gravity tall windscreen, frame sliders, P.A.I.R. systems removed, intake flapper valve mod, soft rev limiter eliminator mod and more. Dynoed @130hp, runs strong and crisp with no glitches or issues. New air filters installed two track rides ago, a few rear sprockets sizes, front and rear stands, and service manual included. I have owned this bike since Nov of '02 and it is stone reliable, stable and forgiving. It needs nothing but a rider and is a heck of a lot of fun to ride on the track. The way it is set up it exits corners hard even with my fat ass on it and it will make you smile. Asking $4200 All trades considered but I could use a good two-up sport tourer. Or a little sports car. Or cash is good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jimmyboost

jimmyboost one buck a boom

Very nice bike, sir and a very good deal. GLWTS.

3. shawn449

shawn449 Biscuit

RC

I have a very well built 2006 gsxr-600 race bike never been down low miles a tone of race parts ..a must see, looking for a bigger bike for just track days

4. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

Very nice bike,still one of my favorites and :up: on those first gen Satos I loved mine until NJMP Lightning eat them:(!GLWS

5. Daytona_Rider

Daytona_Rider Hanging off for dear life

So.... Far.... Away....

6. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

i know u said track only but is there a title or is it salavge,bill of sale? thanks.

7. gacksnabbit

gacksnabbit Member

In 2002 the original owner laid this bike down on the street with 1100 miles. Damage was only cosmetic. Rash to left side of cowl, left side panels, tail, swing arm, handle bar, etc... typical low side stuff. Because the tip of the left lower fork leg got a minor mark and the swing arm also got rashed the repair cost was enough to total the bike and I bought it from the owner in late Oct of '02. I have the NY state salvage certificate (not a salvage title) proving it is not stolen and both keys. It is a track only bike and a very good one at that. The next owner will be able to do track day after track day for a long time and all it will need is tires. So much fun to ride and a great sound.

8. CafeRacer

CafeRacer Well-Known Member

PM sent.

9. WSMC551

WSMC551 Well-Known Member

^ Do it! :up:

10. RC51 race bike

PM sent:rock:

11. 98VTRRider

98VTRRider Well-Known Member

Do you still have the bike for sale? You say possible trade for a sports car but not what type...I have a 1989 Honda CRX Si I would trade, with some cash for your RC51. It is red with black/grey interior...All original, unmolested, only 134,000 miles, fresh clutch and timing belt. Runs and drives perfect. Let me know if you are interested.

12. gacksnabbit

gacksnabbit Member

13. ran99

ran99 Member

RC51

pm sent

14. outlawgibbs

outlawgibbs Well-Known Member

How bout a trade for a nice 97 Honda Blackbird. Clean title and about 27k miles. Well taken care of and all original.

15. gacksnabbit

gacksnabbit Member

16. Peeweesp

Peeweesp Well-Known Member

i sent ya a pm

17. gacksnabbit

gacksnabbit Member