1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What slipper clutch to buy?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Gixx/2broscarb, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Im to the point now where I need to upgrade my stock clutch. Looked at Yoyodyne, and STM slipper clutches. The STM ones are really nice but dont really want to shell out almost $1100 just for the upgrade parts. I know you get what you pay for but Im trying to save a little so I can get a couple other things on my list of upgrades. The other slipper I was looking at was the Yoyodyne ($836) one, didnt find as much of a right up on it as I did on the STM slipper clutch. What are your thoughts on the Yoyodyne slipper clutch, a decent buy, are they any good?

2. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

YOYODYNE! never once let me down. I have sold TONS of them...use them almost 100% in every superbike engine build we have done and in all my years and many engines using them only had 1 issue (04 R1 stud backed out, loctited it, now 3 years later STILL holding up and working great for a customers 180rwhp R1)

STM are nice, very good quality and work well, but imo a bit pricey and a lot of little parts..plus i have had/seen more than one or two with broken BTL springs. Seems weak design.

Hinson are relabled Suter clippers. VERY cool and strong but no better imo than yoyo and twice the price...

Call fred @Yoyo and support a guy that supports all us and wera (If im not mistaken)...

3. Vitamin-E

Vitamin-E cornerin lo in the 3-1-fo

y o y o !!!

4. would you by chance know his number? Even though I dont race in WERA (In CCS) I'll support someone helping out my fellow racers!

5. Jason748

Jason748 Race Junkie

6. jetpipe

jetpipe Well-Known Member

STM...I found them absolutely great...

7. ed who?

To sell or actually use? How many engines you personally built with the.? You've never seen a broken BTL spring? Pretty rare..
    I like stm. And use but not perfect and some way to complex for average racer to r/r (without dropping ball bearings into cases)

8. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

The reason I liked the Hinson for all the singles I have built and tuned for. Don't know if it is the same for the big bike clutches, but very easy to work with and tune on the 250/450 clutches. JMO Tdub

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  9. ed who?

yep, 100% agree. Hinson (aka Suter) are super nice, well built, strong and easy for riders to use/install/change parts. They are just over priced in the US. Should be $995 imo

Heres my Suter slipper..its a "bit" more complex :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]