1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Low Profile Trailer?

Discussion in 'General' started by hotnail, Jan 16, 2011.

1. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

I'm looking at a low profile (ceiling height) trailer for my race trailer. Does anybody have any experience with them and would bending your neck everytime you go in and out end up being very annoying and eventually drive me crazy? It is a really good deal but that good deal might be a waste if the trailer is a pain!

2. kriky

kriky Active Member

Dude, It made me crazy I'm a short guy and I hated it. Get the taller trailer, I just sold my low trailer and bought a taller one last month I'm so happy now. Only bad thing it won't fit in my garage.

3. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

I don't own one, but would rather budget a bit more gas money than deal with the low ceiling during a race weekend.

4. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

Hate the shorter trailers. I'm glad to have a tall one now.

5. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Don't do the low profile. Best money I spent on my trailer was getting an additional 6 inches added to the height...

Ride safe,
    AAron

6. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

Thanks guys....I had a feeling you were gonna say that!

7. sstein77

sstein77 Well-Known Member

+1

Had a low hauler and hated it....although I still have to duck at the ramp opening on my current trailer, being able to stand up straight once inside is damn near priceless!

8. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly. My 6x12 has the extra height and I still almost cook to death trying to load it in the summer after the races. I couldnt imagine being in a smaller trailer and trying to load a bike.