1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What say you jury of the WERA court?

Discussion in 'General' started by Huey130, Dec 16, 2010.

?

What should she do cause dude hasn't paid?

1. Nothing she can do. It wasn't her fault but she's never gonna see that dough.

16 vote(s)
    17.2%
  2. Small claims court and get the law on her side.

64 vote(s)
    68.8%
  3. Just keep calling and being patient.

6 vote(s)
    6.5%
  4. Nothing because I think that dude is probably going to pay more to get that truck fixed.

7 vote(s)
    7.5%
  1. malik ross

malik ross Waits for his asskicking.

Left over race fuel.
    Oily shop rags.
    Empty beer bottles.
    Liquid dish soap.

See where I’m going here?

2. Alter Ego

Alter Ego Registered User

Jail?

3. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

LMAO :beer:

4. malik ross

malik ross Waits for his asskicking.

lol. best post so far.

5. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

No. State prison.

6. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Go to the Georgia Labor Board Huey.

7. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

She called the labor board. They listened and put her on hold while they called dude.
    They came back on the phone and said dude was out of the office. Guy named Carl answered and would give dude the message to call ASAP.

All good cept:
    It was his cell phone number, he's the only full time employee and there's never been a Carl.

Round 2.

8. Huey130

Update: Everyone that said "Labor Board" won... however:

Lady at Labor Department: "Maam, we know he's lying cause he one time said he'd paid you in November but then told us he was mailing you a check in December. But when he said he was mailing you the check we closed the case."

Young lady: "OK, well he didn't"

Lady at Labor Department: "Well then he's in violation of the Labor something something act!"

Young lady: "Awesome, what are you gonna do to him?"

Lady at Labor Department: "Oh we can't do anything you'll have to sue him in small claims court. Thanks for calling."

9. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

So, how is that a win for anyone but him?

10. Huey130

I dunno. I was still blind with rage when I typed that. I guess I was trying to say that that IS whom you're supposed to speak with but they're completely toothless.

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I hear ya. Nothing like closing the file without a follow up. I still like Brit's plan.

12. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

:stupid:

Unless..... she was unofficially on the payroll, as in working & being paid under the table so to speak, that'd be the only reason I'd suspect he could/would not pay up.

13. Rookie

Rookie -

Correct,
    The employer cannot withhold pay for ANY reason. She was working when the accident happened - at fault or not, insurance covers these things. The employer CAN attempt to sue her of course, but they CANNOT keep her pay.

Contact/Read the EEOC and FLSA websites. There are FAQ's and links to contact for assistance. I used these as well as a law class to get my money.......

14. madcat6183

madcat6183 2006 GSXR

Lawsuit. I got some lawyer friends.

15. Huey130

Nope. I told them (after I got on the phone with them after she became too mad to speak) "I ran a small business and now planned on doing this to all my employees from now on." She said "well you'd be in violation of the Fair Labor blah blah act and I'd have to advice them to sue you just as I've advised your friend to do!"

They have no teeth. None. Her supervisor said when it comes to enforcing things with larger companies they have to get the IRS or other agencies involved.

I asked how they could sleep taking portions of my tax money and he said "we set standards and decide who is in violation." ...and then do nothing about it.

16. Sixx22

Sixx22 Well-Known Member

The labor board has no teeth, they can only enforce min wage. Anything above min wage is a pers agreement between employee and employer.

17. UR35

UR35 David

18. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Would it help if I come down there and stick a pistol in the guy's mouth until he shits that check? :D

19. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

at all the dealers i worked at, if we got into an accident we had to pay for the deductable or repairs up to that amount

20. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Nothing illegal about that as a policy for employment but they can't take it out of your pay when you leave.

My company is good about this stuff and doesn't make us pay anything. You just get made fun of until you retire. Damn they sure build up some ammunition for those of us that are around awhile and it hurts even worse when you are the Safety Manager and cause damage. :D