Cupcakes for a Cause....

Discussion in 'General' started by 317, Jan 11, 2011.

1. 317

317 Member

Hello all. My husband races WERA and I attend most of the Southeast region events. I want to do something to give back to the racing community. I am thinking of baking cupcakes to bring to select races throughout the season with all proceeds going to the Red Flag Fund and/or The Air Fence Fund. I was wondering what you guys thought about this idea?

Any feedback is welcome. :)

2. grd264

grd264 Well-Known Member

Jello shooters would bring in some cash I'm sure.......but I would buy cupcakes too..

3. benny6d9

benny6d9 Well-Known Member

as long as their chocolate ill buy some

4. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Dave Pullen? Either way im a fat boy and would eat some cupcakes!

5. 317

317 Member

Nope Matt W's wife. 317 is for St. Patricks day. :)

6. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

DOH! I met you at CMP, you were riding the scooter. I'm down for some cupcakes!

7. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

if you give notice what events you are attending, and have them at a rider's meeting, you will probably sell lots of them :up:

8. 317

317 Member

Thanks for the feedback!!!:up:

9. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

You can sell cupcakes in conjunction with Mmfoor and me slinging chickens for the fence fund. :up:

10. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

You sound like an awesome wife. Cupcakes = good

Surprised nobody has posted a request for photos. You guys are slacking.

11. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

First, :stupid:

Second, Cupcakes......mmmmmmmmm

Third, Bring some combination of chocolate and peanut butter and Im all over it like .... Mongo on a pie. :D

12. 317

317 Member

Thanks for the vote of confidence guys! I am planning on having a few different flavors to choose from....

Chocolate
    Vanilla
    Red velvet
    Chocolate peanut butter
    And maybe strawberry....:)

13. chase2000gt

chase2000gt Well-Known Member

I love the Idea! I actually woke up Yesterday and thought to myself, "I need to call Mongo and set this up" I work for a company in Las Vegas that has a discount card with a color guide for fundraising. Basically, the card with a guide cost $20 and you get a lot of buy one get one free meals and you save money at other places around Las Vegas.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  14. LabRat

LabRat Well-Known Member

One thing to look our for is that there MAY be contractual issues with selling food at tracks. Some of the tracks have exclusive vending/vendor contracts. These prevent someone from selling food/catering to the 'public' at tracks. Might be as simple as tightening up your language, you are not 'selling', you simply have cupcakes to encourage donations. Would hate for you to make a ton of cupcakes and be told you cant 'use' them once you get to the track.

15. 317

317 Member

That was the plan. To have the cupcakes and have a donation jar for Red Flag Fund and/or Air Fence Fund. I wouldn't try to sell them.....yet. :p