new to the forum and lookin to meet a few track riders

Discussion in 'General' started by jiffyzx6, Jan 2, 2011.

1. jiffyzx6

jiffyzx6 Well-Known Member

hey all I'm new to the forum so if I'm in the wrong area I apologize. any how, I'm john and ill be starting my first season of ccs the end of this month and would like to get to know some of you guys out there. I'm still so confused as to what I need to do lol.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You spelled "sponsors" wrong. You might want to fix it before someone notices?

3. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard, a healthy addiction to blow and a good appetite for hookers is the best way to corner low. :up:

4. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

Welcome

2Fer wants to know if you can corner low and if you have seen daveks junk.

Oh hey, you spelled sponsor wrong.

5. XACT-Man

XACT-Man Not that fast....

6. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Howdy. Why not start with WERA west?

7. Zippy1

Zippy1 Banned

Howdy and welcome.

I'd start off by firing off some questions. Just be mindful that the sharks are already circling.

8. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

9. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

:stupid:

10. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

This is starting out to be a good thread. This will be good starting tomorrow.

11. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

12. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

What's a "ccs"? Can I get some sponcership too?

13. wwsuzuki

wwsuzuki Well-Known Member

14. jiffyzx6

lol thanks for catching that... you think anyone noticed.... damn haha

15. jiffyzx6

haha I see I'm going to like this forum already... and have all of my spelling f ups pointed out lol I figured I would start with ccs and use this year to gain experience and work on getting the bike set up better. but who knows maybe ill head out to a few wera events.

16. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Since you're editing stuff... lose the 'phoenix az', before anyone notices?

17. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

Ive noticed from reading this forum that someone from your neck of the woods would need to hook up with Davie Stone,Ray HYMER or some dude named 2up Ted

18. jiffyzx6

I'm guessing 2up Ted would be Ted rich with aztrackday... Naa he doesn't help people I've already tried. don't know the other two though, I have talked with mark ledezma. he tuned my bike and was very helpful.

19. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

'Ledesma'.

Stay away from Ted. I'd tell you to stay away from Firebird, but I'm guessing you have your heart set on racing right away, huh?

Do some trackdays at Inde or Chuckwalla, Inde's got some sketchy spots, but is way more interesting/fun than Firebird, and way safer than Firebird Main.

The CCS org in town are run by a decent group (one-third of the ownership is a guy I call a friend, one-third I don't know at all, and the remaining third I just wanted to date his sister since I was 12).

WERA is a bit more serious of a commitment, in that you need to travel (with a bunch of stuff, or with someone who has that stuff) a long way to a WERA event. No riding your racebike to the track and home again from Phoenix...

ASMA (Arroyo Seco) in Deming, NM is a good choice, also, and you can often find a ride with someone going out there from the Phoenix area.

Chuckwalla (out past Blythe on I-10) will have a race series now, too, and you may be able to catch a ride there with someone, too.

Have fun, that's why we do this.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  20. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

You can't go wrong having Mark Ledesma work on your stuff. He is top notch. :up: