1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friend went missing...

Discussion in 'General' started by Alex_V, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

my wife and I just lost a very good friend a little over a month ago to a suicide. No warnings, just done. The shitty part of that was also coping with the loss of my wifes father literally 3 days prior.

2. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

Sorry to hear about your friend. Hopefully things will work out in the end.

3. backbone

backbone scarred for life

I'm hoping for the best for you.

At least he is giving some kind of warning.

A very long time friend of mine killed himself last year. He was w/ me the night before and I had no idea he was leaning that direction. We had a good time hanging out. Then the next morning I get the call. Still bummed about after all this time. What if.....

4. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Just spend 10 hours looking for his truck. no sign.

5. D-Swens

D-Swens sniffin paint fumes

see if you or someone else can search his personal computer history, might be some tell tale signs. I've been through some very difficult mental illness/suicide situations in my close family, and I was able to find some info on the comp that might have saved a life.

Also, search through his cell phone, calls to certain places, messages, and if he has a web browser that could offer some clues.

Best of luck to you, hope he comes home safe or finds help:up:

6. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

Good luck for you and your friend. My thoughts are with both of you.

7. MotorSWATCop

MotorSWATCop Former Trackday Turd

Make sure that the police entered him in NCIC as "Missing Endangered" and that all of his vehicle information was included. If that is done and his tag is run for any reason, a notifier will come up for the officer/agency. If he intended to commit suicide, in my experience, he will go to a place that has some meaning to him. Good luck. The info on checking his computer and cell phone is good advice. Any chance his truck has "Onstar" or similar?

8. CWN racing

CWN racing Well-Known Member

Had a buddy go missing about 10yrs ago. Went MIA for about a week, not at his apartment, truck gone and at the time he had no cell phone. A group of kids on a field trip found him at the park, he shot himself next to a tree after he wrote in his journal one last time. He was 32. Funny thing about Tim was he had cleaned out all his shit and donated it to purple heart, he played the piano and donated it to a kids school. When his parents finally got in his crib it was spotless and had the last months rent on the kitchen counter. During the time I knew him he did some pretty crazy stuff, mostly extreme sports, but sometimes would be pretty hard on himself and self medicated. We all thought it was normal for a guy to do a little bit of drugs, it turned out to be alot of bit of drugs daily that he kept a secret. He lived a secret life and no one knew he stayed up for days straight and had so many demons. Good luck with your buddy, hope hes okay

9. BuiltforSin

BuiltforSin In the grass

What did the note say? Was it suicidal?

10. duckracer

duckracer Well-Known Member

My Prayers are with you and your friend. I pray you find him alive and well!

11. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

They found him today in a big office park not far from where he lived. I guess it's time for a prayer

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You left out a major detail…

13. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

he shot himself

14. Saltman

Saltman Curves Are Sexy

Sorry to hear that man

15. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

Praying that he makes it???? Or praying for his family/friends?????

Either way, sorry to hear what is happening, but glad they found him

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Very sorry to hear that. I was hoping for the opposite.

17. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Condolences to you and to his family on your loss.

There are no words.

18. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Sorry Alex.

19. 418

418 Expert #59

Sorry to hear Alex, let me know if you need anything.

20. buxton

buxton Southern Canadian