1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NIssan Juke........thoughts? Besides it is ugly.

Discussion in 'General' started by SirCrashAlot, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wait, you don't understand what a Wrangler does well?

2. Strick

Strick Good to be king

For the average and typical driver, they do nothing well.

3. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I'm at a loss. Maybe in proper off road trim they'd be useful. Other than that, I fail to see the utility in them. I realize I'm in the minority, though. You know those "its a jeep thing, you wouldn't understand" stickers? They're talking about me.

4. wdavis009

wdavis009 Well-Known Member

If you want employee pricing, shoot me a PM.

5. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

No damn way I would buy one of those, let alone buy it new.

6. ride4lame

ride4lame Well-Known Member

A lot of these mid size suv's are popping up because people are too bad at driving to own a large car and not crash it into everything, but they want the 'safety and security' of a truck.

I wouldn't buy a juke but I think the look is sorta growing on me.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What about a kia sportage? I know, I used to be the first to rag on korean cars but the last 4 years they've caught up (and in some cases, passed) their japanese counter parts. About the same HP, a couple of bucks cheaper, good warranty and a lot less ugly.

8. ride4lame

ride4lame Well-Known Member

I've found the hyundais are even nicer than the kia's.
    santa fe?

9. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

ooh so thats what that abortion is...it appeared on the streets at night and i almost crashed starring at its ugliness.

that along with the X6 have to be some of the most useless vehicles out there...oh look a low slung sports car...lets jack it up and call it a cross over!

10. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I had a 1989 240SX....my favorite car I have ever owned!!

11. quikie

quikie Fugitive at Large

I've had multiple Nissans and like all other makes, some were better and some worse.

That said, my 2007 Xterra continues to be bullet proof no matter what I throw at it. Excellent utility vehicle for the money. Short of an IED there's not much that seems to be able to stop that thing.

12. Black46

Black46 Well-Known Member

13. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Oh, so they are "compact sports activity vehicles".

Do they just pick a bunch of words for these categories? The only word I see that fits is "vehicle", and even that's open for debate.

14. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

my wife bought one a few months ago when they first came out.
    she likes it i thing it as ugly as shit.
    was just getting used to looking at the Cube she had before this thing came home.
    peppy turbo 6 speed though.
    to me it's too gimicky at the dash. i like controls to be simple-
    like my Element.the Juke had rather limited cargo space with the rear seat up.
    down pretty good. the seats almost fold flat but not quiet.
    another goofy feature are the rear seat belt receivers. they are recessed flat at the seat and are tricky to use,say with a car seat.
    the painted trim stuff looks like it will show scuffs and scratches easily.
    im my estimation i wish she had kept the Mazda 3 from 2006.
    that was a peppy good handling car.

15. GrantMLS

GrantMLS Well-Known Member

So you have an element and a juke in your driveway?

16. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

:crackhead:

17. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

i have an '05 Element.
    my wife a 010 Juke
    they both sit in the driveway that we share.

Attached Files:

18. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

Friggen dealer..........now he's saying he can't get me one until the middle of Jan. And it's not really a color I'm interested in. Well I say phuck it.

I'll give $100 to whomever locates one of these Jukes in the southeast for me. Here are the particulars.

Has to be Gun Metallic or Cayenne Red. New... not preowned or used.
    SL model with AWD. Priced around 26,500 at an actual Nissan dealer.

The $100 will be sent by paypal to your email address once I take delivery of the vehicle. Thanks.

PM me with your findings.

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

The new Mazdas are very good handling vehicles :up:

the element looks pretty nice. dropped? do you tow with it?

20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

C'mon Mook, you know she owns half the driveway, and if you ever split you fight over the other half.:Poke::D

I like what you did to your Element. I like Mazda 3's, I was looking at those for my daughter. She didn't like how the throttle felt when we test drove it, so I ended up with a Kia Forte for her. I like the way the Kia Soul looks too. Seems like a nice car for the money.

I would have put her in my Mini, but she didn't want to drive a stick in the S. Cal traffic. Can't blame her for that, so I sold it to buy her a Kia.

Jukes look funky in magazines to me too, haven't noticed one in real life yet.