1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

08' cbr 600 m/c

Discussion in 'Tech' started by gixxerlvr, Dec 13, 2010.

1. gixxerlvr

gixxerlvr Shoot, Move, Communicate

I know it's not a brembo, I have one on my GSXR. For the ones who race, how is the stock M/C with brake fade? hopefully there isn't any. I plan on changing the line as well as the pads, but I want to put money in the suspension before I drop money on this. Opinions please.

Thanks

2. gixxerlvr

cricket, cricket, cricket......

3. snikwad

snikwad Well-Known Member

theyre pretty good man, i think theyre identical to the one that is on the older 1000rr.
    typical OEM tokico M/C, they work as long as your pads dont cook the brake fluid, and at that point its down to fresh fluid and bads.

ive had a brembo for the past few years, but never had any issues with the stock tokico.

4. Garrison

Garrison Well-Known Member

+1.

I've used various Honda MC's on my various bikes and I like the 07/08 MC. It doesn't have the initial grab of a Brembo, say, but it certainly does its job to a point. You might notice brake fade if you, like snikwad said, ignore the mandate of changing your brake pads and fluids.

5. gixxerlvr

Of course, all the necessary upkeep will be adhered to. Having said that, I guess I should not worry about fade in longer races?

Thanks