Starting First Race Season 2011

Discussion in 'General' started by TheUncannyJ, Dec 7, 2010.

1. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Ask RCjohn or Papa...those sonsabitches gave it to me.

2. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

It's like the moon after they tore the damn trees out. We used to have shade, but not anymore. One big patch of asphalt.

3. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

There are several rules if you are racing with WERA that you have to remember…
    rookies bring the beer.
    and the pie.

4. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

good plan.

knowing people is at least half the fun. I have to imagine just being around a lot goes a long way ...unless you're a total jerk, but it seems there's probably a section for that in most WERA paddocks :p

5. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Race on take offs...

6. TheUncannyJ

TheUncannyJ Well-Known Member

Thats what I was planning on doing... Im racing in CCS in south Florida. Some good stuff here. Keep it coming!!!

7. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

oh, well in that case...[​IMG]

8. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

In that case... learn Spanish.

Seriously.

9. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

The top 20 list from H8R is spot on for sure. I would also like to make some copies and use it for the race school in my club if you don't mind. To add to that list I would say..........

1. CHECK WITH YOUR HEALTH INSURANCE. This is one that almost drove me out of racing. Every insurance is different and even the most "minor" injury could by catastrophic to you financially if you are not covered and your insurance company gets wind of how your injury occured....and trust me, these days they will snoop around more than ever. When you call be very specific. Mine covers me as long as I am not recieving payment for my races and the DO NOT consider contingency certs as payment. When you talk to them take specific notes such as time of call, person spoke with, time of day etc. I actually know guys that went bankrupt over a racing health insurance claim that was denied.

2. Ask questions and make friends. The motorcycle racing community is full of awesome people that would do anything for you. I don't currently race WERA and some of my closest mentors or WERA folks. Regardless the organization you run, racers look out for racers.....usually!:p

3. Be SMOOOOOOTH and predictable. Experienced guys could care less if you are slow. They just want to know that you will hold your lines.

4. Dont worry about being fast, it will come with time.

5. Keep it upright. Too much crashing will cause a much earlier retirement!

6. Fasten you seatbelt, your in for the time of your life!:wow:

10. TheUncannyJ

TheUncannyJ Well-Known Member

:confused:

I am hispanic......

11. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Met plenty of caucasion's who can't speak english...

Just sayin' :D

12. KillaR6

KillaR6 I'm Going to be a DAD!

Anyone in east coast VA/MD/DC/NY/NJ who will be starting their rookie season? Let me know I would like to get with you since I don't want to be alone. LOL!

13. richmeyer

richmeyer Active Member

Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate.

Corner Work.

Help with Airfence.

Donate to Airfence Fund

Donate to Injured Rider Fund.

Dont cheap out on an ez-up, good ones are great, shitty ones are a PITA.

Secure your EZ-UP securely.

Make Friends.

And everything else everyone has already said. Be a sponge, soak up as much as you can.

HAVE FUN.

14. primo

primo Well-Known Member

You people keep forgetting about Macrib for lunch :mad:

Dude, take offs :tut:

15. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Welcome to the madness!

16. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

It can't be said enough that you should start hydrating way before the event. Buy some extra beer for the cornerworkers and race staff. Don't feed Mongo after midnight.