V7 MW Buells?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Commander_Chaos, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Commander_Chaos

Commander_Chaos Hillbilly Genius

Trying to get my friend interested in vintage racing and he likes Buells (He's fifty years old and got his butt whooped on his SV). Anybody actually raced one of these?

2. sauce314

sauce314 BROWN DYNAMITE

get a honda,cheaper lots of parts.never seen a buell race with v7

3. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

I know the big boy that Geoff May rides blew by me at VIR like I was sitting still. And before I got to t1 he was outta site. I know it was during practice so I dont remember what class he rode it in.

4. Dyle

+1 on Alfredo's idea. Alot of Kawi guys talking this winter but only seen a couple last season.

5. Commander_Chaos

I tried to talk him into that, but he likes the idea of the Buell. Personally, I'd like to have a prayer of winning, but that's me.

6. toecutter418

toecutter418 Flat Rat Racing

Just listed mine on Atlanta CL, 99 X1.

7. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Anybody else? I remember earlier this year somebody sold a nice race prep'd one on this board, I believe.

I remember the lightning series, looked like fun. Dyno after each race for top 3.

Hey, how about a 2000 Duc 748? Anybody run one in the V7MW class? F3 blow them away?

8. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

dyle, you're comparing apples to watermelons. the new buell is a rotax powered beast. worlds diferent from the harley powered buells of old. and geoff may would make your F3 look slow if he were on a EX500....

a well prepared buell that's legal for V7 is very competitive against a F2/3 in the hands of a very good rider. ask melch. he raced against the factory buells at barber some years ago. they're fun to ride, i logged miles on the XB12 and XB9 on the street a few years ago. handled pretty good. the problem is keeping the sportster-based engines together in race trim. i think they have a history of laying down a nice slippery coat of oil on the track...

is your buddy a fast rider who thinks he'd be competing for race wins if he were on a F3 or ZX6? if so, he'll be plenty competitive against everyone on the buell. if not, he'll have fun with some of the slower guys and should pray that he doesn't oil the track for the rest of the riders.

also, a well sorted out 748 handles and stops better than a F3. in stock trim, it's a little down on power. best platform for a V7 bike i think. if lance builds one he's going to clean up.

i personally hope to see more ducatis and buells in both V7 classes. not to mention MORE TZ250 !!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE ARE THE BIG BAD 2-STROKES IN V7hw???????? for me, the best part about V7 is racing against completely different machines.

9. Dyle

Ok let me fix it for you kev. He would make me look slow on my f3 if he were riding an ex. But I promise you he wouldnt do it if someone else was on my bike, say Danial, KJ or Scotty L or You!!!
    I agree though I dont mind the different bikes, some of them I just dont know anything about. Either way Im in back with the really old slow guys. So I dont care bring em out and fill the grids.

10. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Dont the Harley engined Buells race with the LWT's?

11. tzrboy

tzrboy Working hard to play harder!

IN SS engine trim they can in Ltwt SBK or race up a class in Hvwt.... with WERA

12. Commander_Chaos

I got a belly full of Harley "power" with my '73 XLCH. I know (now) it's the worst one they ever made, but when I think of working on a 45-degree twin it still makes my skin crawl.

13. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

O ok... I have only seen a couple out there.

14. melch

melch V7 Pusher

Nothing like sitting at pit out with a bunch of Buells. The ground shaking, crazy lookin tubes comin out of the tank,all brand new leathers and they look over at you on your liitle ole bent F2, cant even hear it running and ur like hey there,how ya'll doin. They look away like WTF? Im thinkin he he he,you first,go ahead. Huge grid full of SVs and Buells. Im gridded dead last. Never raced with CCS. And again Im thinking hehehe. goodtimes goodtimes

Attached Files:

15. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

oh here we go again......:rolleyes:

"back in my day..........the ground shook from the fire breathing beasts.....i had to ride up hill, barefoot, in the snow in order to take down those buells....."

damn braggart

16. Dyle

Kev you notice this guy is like a ghost...? Just appears out of no where and then gone like the wind. And not everyone can be legendary like the Melch Man.

17. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

:crackup::rock::clap:

18. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

:bow:The infamous Melch gentlemen... and ladies!:bow:

19. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

hide the women.....and their daughters. there's a melch jr. on the scene now. complete with matching doo-wop mop to dad's. i guess most of the girls think melch is melch jr's older brother....:crackup:

20. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

You know he's not gonna tell them different