1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pitbulls and Parolees.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dyle, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Get your dogs fixed. Too many unwanted dogs already getting put down in shelters on a daily basis.

2. sstein77

sstein77 Well-Known Member

I watched as well......and Thunder, man he was awesome!

3. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

You can say the above until your blue in the face. However, those BYB's only care about making $$$, they won't get their pets fixed, they will breed the females until they are no longer able to, then dump them. As long as people buy from these dirtbags, the population of unwanted dogs and cats will continue to over populate the shelters of the US.

Don't buy, adopt..:up:

Stand up breeders, however are o.k...:D

4. darylbowden

darylbowden Well-Known Member

For you guys with Pitbulls, how does that work with your homeowners insurance? I have 2 Shiba Inu which luckily aren't considered a "risk breed" but it seemed like if I had a pit bull or malamute that my insurance would either be declined or raised substantially. Do you guys just pay more for insurance? Or are there certain companies that don't care about breed of dog? Or do you just lie and say you have no pets?

5. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

3 of my 4 are fixed. I have 2 males father and son, and 2 females mother and daughter. Both female and the father is fixxed. Have been since the mother had these 2. The female that just had the pups is from a register breeder. Not one of mine. This is the only time this young male will get any also. His being fixed was part of the breeding agreement. So by this time next week all 4 of my dogs will be fixed. What is now his male hood will be flap to keep the dust out of his butt.
    I do agree if you are a person with alot of time to really love an older dog, train it, then by all means adopt it, most of them just need some love and teaching to be really good pets. But if you have kids that are young you need a dog to grow up with them, a family protector. Then buy one to train the way you want. one that you can do your homework on the parents to make sure they arent brother and sister or imbreed so where in the history.
    But you know we just breed pits for the hell of it right....? I know there are alot of bad apples out there but make sure you are in the right place b4 you call them out.:up:

I can find out who we have our insurance thru. I know when we lived in North Atlanta we had to have 1million in liability insurance for each one. Nice monthly chunk in payments. But now since we moved its alittle cheaper and not so much coverage is needed either.

6. Hammer 4

Dyle, my comments were re: most of the byb's that advertise on craigslist, and sell pups for 150.00, ect. and not directed at a legit breeder, or a owner that may want a liter just once, as long as said owner has folks lined up to adopt the pups in advance.. So, nope, wasn't callin anyone out...:D

As for insurance, there are companies that will insure if you own a pit, or other breed..Can't recall the name right now, but will look it up, if you really need it.

7. 6_Myles

6_Myles Well-Known Member

A question for anyone who has adopted an APBT and have children, how do you ever REALLY trust the dog? Do you just never leave it alone with the children and are you always watching like a hawk?

I really would like to adopt one day but just can't get comfortable with the idea of putting my kids in the same environment with a dog of unknown history.

8. Hammer 4

In the 40's and 50's, APBT's were called, "nanny" dogs, because they were so good around kids. I well bread pit that has been trained and treated kind will be one of the sweetest dogs you could ever imagine. IMHO, all the breeding where folks would get away from the True APBT kinda ruined it, i.e. block heads, ect. Best to get a good puppie from a reputable breeder if you have kids.

With all the dog fighting crap that the media puts out there, and they HYPE the misconception that APBT's are mean dogs, which we all know is crap..people tend to be a little un trusting of the breed, and I can understand that. Do some research about the breed for the real info.

Pit also make the worst guard dogs, as they will likely lick you to to death..lol

9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

5 boys + 4 girls is 9 dogs.

Either way, that's several more dogs being brought into the world when thousands die unwanted every day in shelters. I'd like to see you and your kids go and attend the euthanasia of 8 (or 9?) dogs at your local shelter, then see how you feel about your decision to breed your dog.

I know, I know.... this was a one-time deal and you're a stand-up guy.

But the way I see it, you still just killed 8 (or 9?) dogs.

10. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Ok first off this isnt my first go around. Ive had several of the "dangerous" breeds over the years. One being a Chow Chow. I had him 15 years b4 I had to put him to sleep last year due to being so old he wouldnt survive the surgery it would take to fix his hips. And watching your pet,friend, protector of that long literally crap himself and not be able to move out if it or so blind that he cant see you coming hurts. Making the precedure even harder. He saved my family when my home caught fire Feb 09. So believe me I know!! the dog was only 3 years younger than my son. I know there are alot of good dogs who need homes. I also know that there are probably 10 times the cat problem as dogs. But no one taking up that cause. Anyway as I said, these dogs are spoken for, good people who want a good dog but like someone said, they are afraid to take a chance with an animal that they didnt raise themselves to be around kids. So be sarcastic if you like but thats the way it is. Anyways I was just bragging to the pit owners who would appriciate the news. I was proud. All I wanted to do with this post was help a good cause and talk about good dogs. So if you feel so bad, adopt a good pet, or buy one. Then you can say you helped the cause.

Hammer I quoted the wrong person my friend. I meant no disrespect to you I should have double quoted my post so I could cover my point to your subject and to the above. And yes if you are with me these 4 will lick you to death. BUT, dont come alone or someone would be lunch. LOL

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010