1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any experience with this company or their chocks?

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Nov 29, 2010.

1. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Money so well spent. You'll wonder why you waited to get it in the first place.

:beer:

2. DirtNap

DirtNap used, but not used up.

+1000 Pit bull for the win!!!! You only have to have one strap brake before you realize it's the way to go.

3. benny6d9

benny6d9 Well-Known Member

i wouldn't park my wheel barrow on that POS!

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

they are local to me. I can ride by tomorrow and give you an impression.

Not sure why they started dabbling in chinese knockoff motorcycle accessories... but their main business is batteries and cabling.

5. gothicbeast

gothicbeast Back by court order

+1000 for the Baxley Sport Chock... I own 3 of them, will not transport a bike in a truck or trailer without them.

In addition the Baxley company (Like pit-bull as well) have some great customer service. One of my Baxley Sport Chock's had some power coating come off where the tire goes into the "V" at the front of the Chock. Though it did not effect the usage, Baxley sent me a new "V" and then paid to ship the original part back.

Yeah, the Baxley is more money, but why not have the best that will last you a lifetime.

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Ehhhh, no worries, I wouldn't go out of your way. And yes I've seen Baxley chocks and they are great.....but I don't need cream of the crop for a permanent solution. If I was going to take it off the trailer and use it to secure a bike on its own the garage it would be a different story, but whatever, I understand what everyone is saying.

But hey, everyone was cutting these guys down until they realised their product and service is actually good and at about 1/2 the price, and went and sold the guy out of digital warmers, lol

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=267656

7. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

I'm personally leaning towards the STS rear stand for my toyhauler.

I don't like the large mechanism that pitbull bolts to the floor. The STS stand is just a flat plate bolted to the ground. The stand is removable so it does't stick up from the floor more than a 1/2 inch max.

8. ToxicRacing

ToxicRacing Well-Known Member

The pitbull mechanism is as removable as the STS is. I've helped friends load bikes with the STS, and I'll take the pitbull any day over it.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The clamps for the Pit-Bull stands get removed so all that's left is a plate but the STS stuff is good too.

10. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

What they said about the pit bull stand. I have used them both now quite a bit. The STS is good, but the pit bull is easier to use in every aspect.

11. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

Ahhhhh. that's really good news. I liked the Pitbull system, but wasn't sure if it was as removable since I've never seen it in person. I like having options and the pitbull stand looks easier to use.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Back of my truck is full right now but I'll try to remember and take a picture when it's empty this weekend.

13. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

I've had both, STS is nice for sure but the Pit Bull is easier.

14. burner42

burner42 Well-Known Member

I used the strapless stands made by Troy Green from the CMRA, they are awesome, simple to use, hold the bike securely without any tiedowns, and detach from trailer/truck completely when not in use...

http://www.ststands.com/contact.cfm

15. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

:stupid:

had both as well, Pit Bull is WAY easier. :up:

16. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

Is there and echo in here???? :crackup:

If you are racing the WERA West race at Autoclub you are welcome to come take a look at mine in my trailer.

17. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

If your going to get a knock off get the one from Harbor Frieght. The heavy one is a Condor knockoff. Not as good as a baxley, but it works well. I made a few for myself but I'm getting a trailer restraint, no tie downs and more room in the trailer when empty.

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

That's actually the route that I ended up going. Snipped a 20% off coupon out of the Sport Rider I had sitting in the crapper and took it with me. It's good and sturdy and will do just nicely bolted into the front of the trailer.