1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

06 gsxr 750 front sprocket cover removal

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Gixx/2broscarb, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Im looking to shave any and all weight I can off my 06 gsxr 750 for next race season, and now nit picking the small things. I've seen it done but not sure how it was since I never thought I would be at the level Im at now. Im wanting to remove my front sprocket cover front the bike entirely, but there is a sensor and the clutch ass. to deal with. As any one done this or is there a mod out there to get rid of most of it, or all of it. Thanks for any help guys!

2. the cover in question

Attached Files:

3. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I'm probably wrong, but there's not much weight to be lost or any significant performance gain achieved by eliminating this cover.

In reality, it may be more detrimental if whatever you rig to eliminate this cover fails. Like clutch lever function is usually critical to gear change operations. :D

4. afm199

afm199 Well-Known Member

drill it or build a clutch cable bracket and chuck it. The sensor is not needed. I doubt the four ounces you save will make any difference at all. What's you body fat percentage? That's how you lose weight.

5. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Take a piss before you race, you'll save more weight.

Seriously, that cover serves a couple structural functions. It supports the clutch throwout system, which needs RIGID support, and it keeps crap out of the countershaft area, like your toes. (In a crash.)

Always have a clear plan WHY you are making a modification before you proceed with the change. That is something learned from over 35 years of building pro race bikes. A change "just for the sake of change" always comes back to bite you.

6. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

HOLY SH!T

Maybe I'm not wrong about this after all!!!!!