1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vacuum mod for crank case + others, HELP!

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Gixx/2broscarb, Nov 8, 2010.

1. shaving all the weight off my 06 gsxr 750 that I can over the winter, and Im to the PAIR valve right now. going to reconnect the hoses after the valve is taken out to get a little suction out of the crank case. My question is have any of you taken this a bit further and installed a small vacuum pump to get the draw from the crank case I would need to actually see any benefit? Or are there any other mods anyone would suggest? Was thinking about doing some factory pro velocity stacks and there +4 ignition advance kit, but herd bad things about it and decided not to go that route (stock engine, bmc race filter, full akra system, bazzaz TC/QS/Z-FI, brisk plugs, heat shielded airbox + under side of tank as well, different gearing, samco radiator hoses, gpr damper, motion pro throttle kit) Need more power, without upgrading to a 1000, or building the motor(not enough money to do that) any suggestions are appreciated, thanks guys

2. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

Just run the crankcase breather hose to the head cover. Let the crankcase vent back into the engine. Yoshimura sell a very trick little aluminum catch can that sits right in the space next to the crankcase valve/breather assembly on top of the cases. It uses the stock crankcase breather hoses also, just need to cut them properly.

3. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

You can make an EVAC for that by welding a PCV valve to the exhaust collector or use a pump. Drag racing trick. It used to make a couple of horsepower back in the 80s and 90s, WERA outlawed them, so I don't do it anymore.

4. kmfegan

kmfegan Well-Known Member

What are you doing with the bike?

5. piper907

piper907 Well-Known Member

MotionPro throttle is worth every penny. If you don't have the gearing that you need, that may be worth some time on the track. I'd hold off on your radiator hoses ;)

6. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

If yoru new to track riding/racing what ya need is more tires and track time.. you will agree with me when the fast riders on a 600 blaze by:) Worry about every extra HP when your finishing top 10 or 5 consistantly, and hanging with the faster riders a bit more each race. Just a good tune for the gas your going to run making the bike easier to ride is worth a bit off the lap time.
    Someone asked what your doing with the bike, racing forum i assume your going racing.. but i have been wrong before (once in 1987?? lol..)

7. everything I listed other than the factory pro crap is already on the bike, Im racing it, this season I did very well winning a couple races and finishing in top 5 in most of the other races this season. Tires arnt the issue, running med compound power 1's. This was my 3rd year racing so I have a good idea whats going on just looking to the guys that have been doing it a long time for little tricks and tidbits to get a bit of an edge.

8. afm199

afm199 Well-Known Member

You don't need vac on the crankcase, Inline fours don't produce that much case pressure. Twins and slngles are different.

9. right on thanks guys, any other suggestions on performance mods please post them up.

10. doubleapex

doubleapex Well-Known Member

Factory Pro only recommends their stacks on stock motors. I was told to pull mine off once I had the head done on my '07 750.

11. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member