1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Team Promotions New Policy

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by Handicapped Racer, Oct 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

You have an image of him?

2. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

3. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

You'd be a couple of years too late on the idea.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nope, Johnny B is the offical vendor of Dave K related items.

5. 1qwik6?

1qwik6? Well-Known Member

Now I got this stuck in my head...f me.

6. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

Yup, they're doing something right. Cheating people out of money one event at a time for over 12 years. Enron was in business for a long time before they got caught too.

Monte at STT and I have had differences of opinion and philosophy over the years. We trade emails and talk about it quite a lot actually. The difference is at the end of the day our basic core values concerning competition in the marketplace and the safety of the customer is the same. We just both whent about it differently. The two largest track day orgs in the country can exist side by side, compete on the same playing field, and do it in such a manner that both can still look themselves in the mirror at the end of the day. TPM should be so lucky.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  7. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

Haha! I remembered my first TPM day last year. They had to make the announcement and point the finger for 10 minutes at some AMA back marker guy that I never heard even heard of who would be riding with us mere mortals in their fast group. Then I consistantly watched Palmer suff him and pass him in a few turns all day.

8. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Ha! I took that pic.

9. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

I wanna be a AMA back marker some day.
    After this past weekend, I may have to get in line behind you:wow:

10. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Palmer's been known to do that from time to time :up:

If STT wants to impress the masses, they should start their day with props to the Plenty-Money crew :D

11. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Who?

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

There's been a few bigger name guys that have showed up at a TPM days since :D

http://www.20bphotography.com/Team-...t-23-2010/13465076_AgQ6x#980320498_7hHCG-L-LB

http://www.20bphotography.com/Team-...t-23-2010/13465076_AgQ6x#980354457_9kwPZ-L-LB

[​IMG]

13. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

I like to ski and mountain bike...

14. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

15. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

16 or 17

16. anupe

anupe Searching for consistency

That's not..

T, that is not Elena Myers in the picture. That is a TPM member by the name of Kirstin. Elena was there that day, buy that is not her in this picture.

17. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Ok then, From the Pic Nice Ass:beer: funny we look like trools in leathers and women still make the suits look sexy lol.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  18. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I assume they will be available in rolls? Will they be tubeless?

19. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

That's some international racer chick in that picture... (insert sarcasm)

Just an FYI, I want to correct something that has been mentioned several times in this thread. TPM does in fact OFFER contingency for CCS and WERA and they do offer cash prizes for the GP moto races... But they don't actually give it to you when you rightfully win it... (please if someone actually recieved any money from them this year let me know)

One of the several reasons I no longer ride with them. Most of the coaches and people that ride with them are great people, but the managment is just really messed up in my opinion. I'll be doing most of my Tdays with Roger Lyle next year because they're the only org that I've ridden with that hasn't pissed me off yet...

The gp moto races are actually fun. I got 2nd place and a trophy in the first one of the year, but when I asked for my prize money that was listed on the website at the time, they told me they're not doing it this year.

Contingency money is another story I wont go into in full. But basically I was lied to and avoided all summer until I gave up and ripped their stickers off of the bike.

That being said MetricDevil, WingNuts and a bunch of other TPM people are great guys and the coaches make for a good track day but, I just can't deal with them anymore based on sheer principal. Not even an apology about anything...

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

TPM sure as hell better not be offering contingency and using our name without our permission....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.