1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone use these (speed bleeders)

Discussion in 'General' started by inpayne, Oct 26, 2010.

1. awalk9905

awalk9905 Well-Known Member

I've never had any problem with them leaking or with spongy brakes. I love them and I think they're def worth a try.

2. stephenr928

stephenr928 So come on baby, get in..

Livin' the dream!
    Last week I told my boy what you did for a living....He wants us to move back to Omaha & go with you to work!! (He loves trains!)

Sorry for the threadjack....

3. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I bought some over a year ago.
    Tried them, just didn't like them.
    Still hanging on my garage wall.

4. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

:stupid:

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Interesting. I once thought they were cool. Then some old motorcycle wrench laughed at me and showed me the proper way to use a vacuum pump.

6. ToxicRacing

ToxicRacing Well-Known Member

They close exactly the same way the OEM bleeder does, how that can make them spongy, or how they could leak, unless you were to leave them open in both cases, would defy logic. The only difference between OEM and these is when they are open. :confused:

7. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

they have a spring loaded ball bearing in them. when you need to bleed the brakes, you open the valve and pump the lever.... thats it.

unlike a normal "open" bleed valve proess.... open it, pull lever and hold, close valve, release lever, repeat.... there is none of that. the spring loaded bearing automatically closes so you dont have to keep manually opening it yourself

8. ToxicRacing

ToxicRacing Well-Known Member

Damn Canadians. :D I know how they work, and was merely stating that when CLOSED, there is no difference between a speedbleeder and a standard bleeder, therefore leakage or sponginess should be no different.

http://www.raceshopper.com/images/speed_bleeder2.gif