V1/V2 RD For Sale

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Yamaha179, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Yamaha179

Yamaha179 Well-Known Member

I've listed my RD 250 in the For Sale column. Paul rode it once at Jennings and at the GNF and did pretty well on it. I believe it is a contender for class champ against the Dark Side Honda's. It's well built, has good stuff and is pretty too. Look the ad over and contact me for a picture. (I couldn't figure out how to post one.) Lyn Garland, email [email protected].

2. charles

charles The Transporter

Okay boys, you can't complain there aren't any 'good' race bikes available for vintage racing! Here's a real good one built by someone who knows how to do it right. You want to get into vintage racing on a very competitive ride, in a good class, here is your opportunity. I would be looking at this myself but I made the decision to get into the RZ350 so I have to pass on it.

Good luck, Lyn. Don't forget to post this on other boards as well.

Charles R.

3. Yamaha179

Charles:
    I was thinking some of the Dark Side guys would take up a collection to buy it to keep it off the grid...hee, hee. I once saw Tash looking at it and offered it at a special price for his son but somehow HE thinks school is more important.
    Lyn

4. charles

charles The Transporter

School only lasts for a few years. A real good RD is forever. :D

5. king tony

king tony Well-Known Member

post a pic.

6. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

Check swing, check swing, out of respect for the original poster...

7. charles

charles The Transporter

What the hell is a "check swing"? Or two of them? Stop this at once! Here again, as in the past, a golden opportunity for you to get on a good RD and win some races. Put down that drain plug, Chummie, and come on in for the big win on this lovely RD.

8. Chumbucket

Charles, I have no business being near a two-stroke, you know that, but I'd love to see a pic of this bike, it sounds like the business from the description in the, "For Sale," section...

9. Yamaha179

Guys:
    I'm working on getting a picture posted and it should be here later today. Now you can laugh about my computer abilities, but I am a senior citizen and my granddaughter lives three hours away so I am at a bit of a disadvantage. (Unless you put a porting tool in my hands.)
    Lyn

10. charles

charles The Transporter

Haha, who are you kiddin' Lyn, you've got one of those fancy computers?
    I heard all you had was a typewriter and an old flashbulb camera.

11. Chumbucket

Hey Lyn, check your board mail...

12. Chumbucket

Through the wonders of the internet age, I give you ner-do-wells Mr. Garland's RD250, which I'm told is now equipped with a disc brake up front...I'm digging the KR Sr./Yamaha paint scheme...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010