1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chris Spencer RIP

Discussion in 'General' started by skip salenius, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

2. dexter69

dexter69 Well-Known Member

RIP go fast guy..........

3. tcurrin

tcurrin Well-Known Member

RIP and may God Bless your Family

4. cspencer123

cspencer123 250R Must pedal faster

Hey everyone, its jamie, just want to say thanks to everyone who is making donations. also, its nice to hear stories, encounters and everyones impression of my dad. its good to hear how well liked he was.

5. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I consider you and your dad family. The chapel was packed and you could tell he was loved.

6. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Jamie,

As a father myself, I can tell you he wouldn't have changed a thing... It was all worth it to spend the quality time with you. When you have kids of your own you will understand completely. I'm not a big church person but I went with my daughter last Sunday and said a prayer for you both. I'm so sorry for your loss.

7. kmac

kmac Well-Known Member

Jamie I am so very sorry for your loss and you have been in my prayers. I and many others here would gladly carry this burden for you if we could, but we are only able to share in your loss. Chris was a fine man and I always enjoyed seeing and talking with him at the track. At the Tally endurance race we talked about how great it was to share a race weekend with our boys. He was very proud of you and gald the two of you were able to share in this sport he loved. From our SEMRA years to the recent WERA races you and your Dad have been a fixture at the track and Chris will be missed.
    Lean on the Lord and carry on young man.
    God Bless You

8. fixerflyer

fixerflyer Well-Known Member

Done

9. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

Jamie I've never met you or your dad, but I bought a set of bodywork from him about a year ago. We shot the bull a little and he told me how you guys were getting into the baby Ninjas. I'm really sorry to hear of your loss. Best wishes to you and your family.

10. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

11. bjanzen

bjanzen New Member

Well..... I went to the visitation yesterday after work. Had forgot a change of clothes but my wife said I should go anyways. She was right...... jamie came up to me immediately and thanked me for coming. I just lost it...... felt like a blubbering kid. This has really been taking a toll on me. Didn't realize how close we were.

Been thinking back over the 12 years I knew him.... we were so similar. We both loved racing, would get frustrated if we weren't treated fairly, both drove ancient jap cars. I don't know how many miles he put on that little blue honda with the only trailer hitch in town! I am still driving my 91 Maxima at 314,000 miles and can still fit 4 gas boats in the back seat and enough in the trunck for a full weekend of racing. He could get more inside his little honda.... carefully packed the same way every time. He had the same black and white cooler/lunch box the entire time I knew him. It always had a milk in the tray.

I was trying to remember when he started motorcycles here and looked at his profile. He was on here exactly four years...... to the day....... and what an impact he has had based on all the notes posted. I gladly stepped aside four years ago and watched jamie take my place as his racing and pit buddy. I am glad they had such great times together. We hadn't talked much the last few years..... we both never had much to say. We said what needed to be said and then stopped. So I will stop for now...... I am here for you Jamie if you need anything.

Barry

12. mkinzer

mkinzer Well-Known Member

Just donated. Seems like the most worthwhile cause I could imagine, given the circumstances.

13. AJ

AJ Well-Known Member

RIP, Chris.
    Condolences to you and your family, Jamie.

What is up with this year ?!?

Too many track fatalities.

I was thinking of giving up street riding but am having second thoughts.

14. tlr74

tlr74 4seven4

RIP, my friend, you will be missed!

Jamie, if ever need anything please let me know.

15. proprocket28

proprocket28 Well-Known Member

Jamie, It was always good to see your dad around the Turner's shop or at the track and talk racing, painting, or whatever topic. He will be missed, won't be the same for sure.

16. nupe1911

nupe1911 Well-Known Member

RIP Chris

my condolences to his family and friends.

17. 42K8

42K8 Well-Known Member

Done.

My condolences to his family and friends. The story of him and Jamie racing eachother is really neat. Few families get to spend that kind of time together. RIP, Chris.

18. CMDI

CMDI End User

Chris sounded like great guy. Godspeed.

19. JOHN MD

JOHN MD JOHN 3:16

Prayers for the whole WERA family and Jamie.

20. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

I ran into Chris outside the tower last Thursday or Friday morning. Think it was Thursday. Anyways, we said hello and chatted for a couple of minutes. I asked if he was ready for the weekend. He said he thought so and was ready for it to be over. He stated he had to go to work on Monday. We both laughed as I told him "Yeah I have to go back to work to get a break from the race weekend". He agreed. :)
    I wished him luck for the weekend and he said "thanks" with a grin. I'm glad I had the opportunity to talk with him. He was a good guy and loved being at the track and around Jamie. And a very good racer too. Him and Jamie both.

Deepest Sympathy to Jamie and the entire family. Chris will certainly be missed. :(

GODSPEED Chris

Sincerely,
    Jeff