GNF Racers - LOCK YOUR STUFF UP

Discussion in 'General' started by f4idrew, Oct 1, 2010.

1. scott65

scott65 Well-Known Member

I don't think it's racers. I think it's RA staff, or spectators coming in just for that reason.

2. oldmonk

oldmonk Just trying something!

Okay I'll ask for everyone before once again, who in the hell are the people stealing everyones stuff?! Other racers? Their friends, or just locals who show up just for free shit!! Any guesses from anyone, or do you know and not want to say.

3. oldmonk

oldmonk Just trying something!

That was good timing on my part!!! Shit!!

4. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Great idea!!

To catch a douche...................I'll donate $100 to the RRW Airfence Fund in the persons name who successfully apprehends, or has video that leads to the arrest of the fucking thieves trolling the pits at the GNF.

If they look like George Costanza with a wiener dog shirt on I'll throw in another $50.

This isn't a joke, lets rid the pits of these scumbags.:mad:

5. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Didn't they sign an IOU on your rental car?

6. Toxic Racing2

Toxic Racing2 a.k.a. kamikazejane

WOW!!!

Sounds worse then Detroit. WTF? Thanks for the heads up.

7. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

It is even worse than New Jersey. In NJ it is expected, where as in Georgia it isn't and takes you by surprise.

8. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

My bad. I'm from the Left Coast, I wasn't used to your southern BBQ and moonshine.

9. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Damn you remember that Huh! yeah sadly some bytch ass wrote Something Nigger on the rental. You shoulda saw the look on the employee face at the rental cars place.

10. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

WTF

care to share the rest of the story?

11. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

+1

I've said it before, get to know your paddock neighbors and keep an eye on their stuff, they might return the favor. I've asked people who I didn't recognize what's up, even took a picture of one guy that was borrowing a tool (told him I was doing it, figured a thief wouldn't let me and would give himself away, and then I could smack him with a torque wrench while my kids punched him in the nads).

Yeah, sorry about that. Should have warned you about the "woo hoo, hold my beer and watch this" factor in mooonshine.

12. :stupid:s

I run a cable lock through everything...at every track. We all know a cable lock can easily be beaten.

BUT, most thieves want to get their shit and get out ASAP and they don't want to get caught. If my shit is locked up, they are much more likely to go somewhere else.

I also don't think it is racers. I can't see 1 racer stealing from another. But there are tons of people at the track who aren't racing.

13. UR35

UR35 David

I have room in my trailer for your bike and stuff if you need

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's local thieves who know a big event is at the track. They spend money for a ticket and steal more in return.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not even borderline, you'd never race again in WERA and probably any sanctioning body and I'd be on the phone to the cops to see if charges could be pressed for something.

16. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

To all thieves: some of us on this forum sleep w/our firearm of choice close by.

17. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Lol, i'm not sure who it was, i was very strict on the guys that week. Not sure if they figured it was my car, not even sure it i was a racer who did it, or friends of racers, could even have been some crazed redneck, who knows but when i left the GNF Sunday I found it written/ lol keyed on the side of the rental car.

18. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

I appreciate it - I signed on to split travel costs with another fella a few days ago, but keep me in mind for the spring :up:

That's one person I wouldn't mind catching the in act...

19. Just reading that pissed me off. Chickenshit mother fuckers like that need a dirt nap.

That is like the chicken shit people who will "key" somebody's vehicle because they aren't man enough to say something to their face.

What do you get out of keying somebody's vehicle or messing with somebody's suspension? The ONLY thing i can see somebody gaining from it (other than being an asshole) is maybe setting their competition back a little bit......which is so damn chickenshit that i don't even know what to say.

20. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

:stupid: :cool:

I have never had suspension messed with, but I have had damper and/or levers moved in adjustment. A bit less of a deal, and I HOPE it was not malicious but rather just some dumbass not thinking and fidgeting with shit while talking over the top of my bike....... since people will hang out in my pit sometimes.