1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Description of RFR F1000 Race Car problem (Misfiring)

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Nicho, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Nicho

Nicho New Member

Is there anyone out there that can help with a problem I'm having with my bike powered race car (2008 GSXR 1000 motor)?

The problem I'm having is when I stand on the throttle between aprox. 5,000 RPMs to red line the engine is misfiring no power, almost like it's on the rev limiter. The engine idles perfect and mid range rpm is great it's only when I get into the upper rpm range it has this problem. One other thing I would add (maybe unrelated) , the Aim dash I have in the car stops working when I run the car up into the rev's.

Things I have tried and am going to try-

1 checked the spark plugs (all hot and good color to them)
    2 checked compression in all cylinders (160 PSI)
    3 Replace fuel (110 Octane Turbo Blue)
    4 Replace main master switch (Hella UL rated Switch)
    5 Bypassed the Ignition switch
    6 Replaced battery
    7 Checked all ground connections
    8 Going to check fuel injection system (send out for cleaning)
    9 checked color of exhaust tip (good color to it)
    10?????????????

I would appreciate any help!

Nicho

2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Regulator/rectifier problem? If the dash is going out, you may not be getting sufficient voltage.

3. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Make sure your fuel tank is venting properly.

4. Tunersricebowl

Tunersricebowl Fog, onward through.

You don't "check" spark plugs, you throw them in the general direction of the trash can.
    If they land within 100 feet of the can, they were bad and must be replaced.
    If you use pricey plugs, install a set of cheapos for the test session and save the hand tossing of the hand welded units till the verdict is in.
    Also, IMHO...unless you are running forced induction, you are wasting money (and losing power) buring 110 turbo blue fuel.
    You want the fastest burn rate you can use, without high speed detonation.

5. bella749

bella749 Well-Known Member

check to make sure the secondary throttle butterflies are working? If the servo motor fails, it goes into "limp mode" and will act as you describe

6. wheedle

wheedle Well-Known Member

I dont know how much this would affect FI motors, but my carb'd GSXR750 ran like that without the airbox on...

7. Nicho

Nicho New Member

Found the problem! Used a noid light on the secondary injectors. they are not working. Butterflies do work but no fuel out of the seconadrys at 8,000rpm. Also used the service manual to test the injectors, injectors are getting power. Now how to fix it? Secondary drive motor in ECM bad?

8. bella749

bella749 Well-Known Member

Good question as to why the injectors aren't firing. You say they have power, but deliver no fuel? Are you running a piggy-back ECU like a Power Commander?

I'd start looking for a break in the wiring harness to the injectors, isolate any piggy-back unit (if you have one) then check the fuel supply. If you can't find anything, then I'd suspect the ECU, or possibly TPS

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010