1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smartphones

Discussion in 'General' started by RM Racing, Aug 30, 2010.

1. jcclx1

jcclx1 Well-Known Member

+1 Samsung Galaxy S. Have the Vibrant from T-Mobile, and love it and all my friends with IPhones love it. Similar size(actually smaller), APP set up, but no dropped calls. Also have a friend that works for AT&T corporate and can have anything he wants and that is what he carries. My .02

2. T.Read

T.Read Well-Known Member

I hate my iPhone. Service is terrible. Think my antenna is messed up possibly, first one I had did. I'll be traveling down an interstate not quite the middle of nowhere and have zero service. Great toy, bad phone. Going back to sprint as soon as my contract is up.

3. eppy01f4i

eppy01f4i Well-Known Member

Same here, I just came out of d.c. using maps.... amazing! Better than my indash pioneer and tom tom together. I was against smart phones then i bought one and i would.never give it up.

4. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

My Droid X is sick. How can I tell if I'm running 2.2?

5. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

Menu>settings>about phone> software info

I'm still on 2.1 on my Incredible :(

6. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Just got an HTC Evo and I am pretty impressed. The monster screen is really nice. Still learning the phone though. The Droid app catalog seems to be starting to catch up to the Apple App store too. Battery life is pretty good until you switch to 4G......

7. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Thanks man. Will this be an over the air upgrade?

8. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

Supposed to be. I haven't seen it yet, however a co-worker with the origional droid has had his 2.2 upgrade for about a month now. They say the incredible's will be out anyday now, was supposed to start getting out this past wekeend, but i've heard that for months :D

Dunno about the X though

9. zracer196

zracer196 Well-Known Member

Like my Incredible too. Great phone...Had a couple of iPhones prior. Liked them too...But the phone service here in Orlando was less than par.

Verizon is much better (and cheaper!).

10. its_nero

its_nero Well-Known Member

I had a blackberry for a few years and glad I've gotten rid of it. I now have a Droid X and holy shit this thing is bananas. I love it. If you don't want a smaller size phone the Incredible is the perfect candidate. Once you play with the Droid X you wont want to go back after being spoiled with the screen real estate. And the service on this phone with verizon rocks. Whatever you do go Android. Good luck!

11. Honda_East

Honda_East Discount OEM Parts Guy

Mine was the same way. It started being REAL slow after the 4.0 update, then even worse on the 4.0.2 update. I ended up downgrading back to the 3.1.3 software and to fix it. I think its pretty crappy how Apple basically designed the new software to only run fast on the newer, faster processors in the iphone 4 and then not even consider how slow the older phones will be, basically forcing users to upgrade to the new Iphone 4.

Next phone I will get is going to be the EVO4 (my recommendation)

12. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

Anyone here anything on a Droid phone with a 5 row keyboard coming out for Verizon? I currently have a Touch Pro 2 and really like it, but its getting long in the tooth and the newer phones are quite a bit faster. That and Android seems to be the bomb.

BTW tons of good info here if you want to nerd out on your phone. www.ppcgeeks.com

13. Trev230EX

Trev230EX Put me in coach

Droid X does not have Froyo 2.2 unless you installed a leaked version and in that case you wouldn't be asking if it had it.

It will be here supposedly within a couple of weeks though!

14. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You upgradin your old device is a tertiary concern for them. First they design to the latest processor, second they design new features into the OS thatmay rely on underlying hardware, third perhaps mabye even forth on the list the ability to run on older devices.

In a perfect world they always want you to buy a new device.

15. Turbotech

Turbotech Well-Known Member

DroidX. ...Go get one, right now.

16. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Droid Incredible since day one and love it. Excellent phone. Tired of waiting for the OTA and rooted to install on my own and gain the ability to tinker with the phone a little deeper in the programming. REALLY liking that. Have a new ROM built on the initial 2.2 release and just waiting for the designer to release the new ROM. Got rid of all the stock bloatware and this thing screams!

Oh, for those waiting on the OTA, it is rolling now. Started last week. Resumed again this morning. You should be getting it shortly. You're going to love the speed difference. All the benchmarks are showing it 5 to 6 times faster than what you have with 2.1.

17. socal

socal Well-Known Member

Blackberry still offers the best instant email. Otherwise, Incredible has an awesome browser and camera. Go Android if you don't mind waiting 5 mins to rec email.

18. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Eh, wrong if you have GMail. The mail is pushed realtime just like the Blackberry. And if you don't normally have a GMail account, you can set one up and have your old email address forwarded to it. No 5 minute wait.

But thanks for playing. :D

19. darylbowden

darylbowden Well-Known Member

If you buy a blackberry, you'll kick yourself. Their latest and greatest OS is about 2 years behind everything else and since iPhone and Android already have all the devs committing their resources to their platforms, you'll likely never see anywhere near the amount of apps for BB as you will for the other 2. Only the very biggest companies ever ask us to develop anything for BB, none of the small ones do and you'll find very few independent developers who will build for that platform.

20. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

Do a full restore on it again. Seems there was a problem upgrading from 3.x to 4.0, but a restore to 4.0 from 4.0 has no problems.