1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mosport results?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by footwork, Aug 17, 2010.

1. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

anyone have the details?

2. joec

joec brace yourself

insanity.

big crash in p1350 in t2 on l1. midge has a vid up on the vrra board. weather was meh.....

some fun racing. nice grids

we had some fun!

3. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I saw that vid....did someone get run over?

4. racertex

racertex vintage dude

gary mc caw got run over by midge (he was released at the track by medical later and walked away). another guy was involved and he was transported. apparently gary hit the pavement transition and went down. midge was charging to hard (running well) to avoid him.

unfortunate, but could have been worse. T2, a fast, left, blind, off camber turn.

i thought the weather was great!

tim joyce had a problem with his motor....went through the paddock and found someone (paul and marie whittaker) to sell him an entire triumph engine. he did the swap on saturday and was ready on sunday. i saw his one race and he was smokin'! unfortunately cru$$el was ahead of him on a stupid fast kawi 2stroke.

a friend who had his first weekend there summed it up perfectly: "mosport is quite like church because of the fellowship."

it is far for most of you, but it should be on your to do list for sometime in your racing life of tracks to hit. 60 degree days, lots of sunshine......rain held off till the sidecar final on sunday (last race of the day).

cheers,

tex

p.s. - i did get my honda running and got to race a bit up there. after being off the bike since june 2009, man am i rusty!

5. phantom 309

phantom 309 Well-Known Member

Just had to change the trans main shaft, not the whole motor.snapped it clean off while chasing that kawi. The map motor ran like a raped ape.:up: If paul had that motor in his side car he would never go back to a yamaha.:)

6. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

The results aren't on Mylaps yet but are supposed to be by the end of this weekend.

7. racerdude413

racerdude413 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  8. WERA854

WERA854 Well-Known Member

9. craig641

craig641 Well-Known Member

Eric - Midge, Tex and Clancy raced in the 350GP class with the stock motor'd bikes. Then bumped to 500GP. I've got the non-stock motor so I raced in the P2 lightweight. And bumped into P3 lightweight.

Up there you can only bump up within a period if you're racing in the P1 or GP classes. Any other eras need to bump up to the newer period.

Craig

10. WERA854

WERA854 Well-Known Member

I'm still baffled at how the same bikes were scattered among so many different classes. Oh well, I'll study the RB carefully before I go up there.