1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remember our discussions about iPhone and Verizon?

Discussion in 'General' started by jkhonea, Aug 12, 2010.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I ended up getting the relatively low tech LG Ally. So far I really like it. Then again my basis of comparison is a dumb phone so what do I know.

2. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

Nice. Haven't heard any recent updates on it for the Incredible yet.

3. Stillie

Stillie Off that like Jay-Z

So what about the motorola razr? :D

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You ain't shit unless you have the V3r. :D

5. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

both my son's are still rockin' their razr's. They tend to destroy any "smarter than the razr" phone, so as long as im the one footing the $9.99/month for their line, thats all the hell theyre gonna get. Makes it nice for me and the wife too, we just use the kids' upgrade when we get ready for new phones. :D

6. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

I think I'm going to switch to the X from BB Storm 2. It won't happen until the X gets the 2.2 software though.

7. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

Not gonna happen.

Makes no sense for Apple to go thru the headaches to of bringing an CDMA iPhone4 to Verizon in January. I say this because it would literally have a 5 month lifespan before a LTE radio'ed iPhone4G (thats compatible with both AT&T and Verizon's new 4G networks) would be released in June.

Apple has plenty of other reasons to be interested in CDMA radios besides Verizon. China has a huge market for a CDMA iPhone. And from what Im aware, the iPad would be another excellent candidate for a CMDA radio. The iPad (unlike the iPhone) is not locked into an exclusive contract with AT&T. Meaning there's absolutely no reason why Apple cant make a iPad with a CDMA radio anytime they wish. Well except that they cant even keep up with the demand for iPads with a GSM radio. The iPad has been continually soldout during its short 4month lifespan.

These same Verizon iPhone rumours have been going on since the phone launched with AT&T in 2007 and none of them bear fruit. They are testing a phone.. big deal. The question has never been *IF* it will happen, but *WHEN* it will happen. And for a company that traditionally updates its entire product line once per year that time will come in June when 4G LTE networks in the U.S. are ready from several carriers, and the iPhone is due for a refresh.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  8. karrotx

karrotx Well-Known Member

+1

I've also read that some of the LTE chipsets can reach GSM frequencies. Which makes a Verizon iPhone even more lucrative (using current GSM).

9. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

I have. Supposedly going to start to rolling this weekend. Tonight actually. Really hope so.

10. Captain Squid

Sweet. I just got the phone about a week and a half ago, so I haven't been waiting near as long as everyone else for the update

:D

11. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

I've been promised it will start rolling tonight. I really hope it holds true. It really is a huge improvement, from what I understand.

12. Captain Squid

At least you understand some of it.......

2.what?

:eek:

13. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Sorry, it's the Froyo 2.2 update. Essentially, the overall operating system is about to change drastically. This will include an update to the radio, updates to the Incredible itself, Market changes, will also operate about three to four times faster. Actually a ton of changes.

If you need help or want to read up, you can jump to www.incredibleforum.com. That's the phone specific. We also have a section on www.droidforums.net. I would probably lean towards the Incredible site first. Droid can be a little overwhelming initially. I'm modding on both so either I can help you with issues or put you with other people that can help.

14. Captain Squid

15. GrantMLS

GrantMLS Well-Known Member

I got the 2.2 update a couple days ago - not really that exciting the 2.1 from 2 seemed to have more fixes.

16. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Hush up, Grnta. I was waiting for you to pipe in. :D

You sticking with the Droid or thinking about upgrading to any of the new models yet?

17. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

The reason why I want the 2.2 update is because it will sync up with my Outlook work e-mail.

18. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

That's going to be a big push for them. Especially will be a hurt felt by the Blackberry world. That has been a limiting factor all along. There have been base workarounds, but this is what is necessary.

19. Captain Squid

Dammit, co-worker on the origiona droid has been enjoying 2.2 for about 2 weeks now. Still don't have it for the Incredible :(

20. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

Got it last week. Its a huge improvement on what was already an awesome platform.