Pics of my vir turn 3 crash

Discussion in 'General' started by naya the dingo, Aug 8, 2010.

1. bodell

bodell Green Racing Advocate

In other words, you speak for the majority.

However, I think you lost everyone with the part about slowing down if you have a good lead and the reference to diahrrea.

2. ecf

ecf Well-Known Member

I guess another edit is due then... take a breather and read again!

I didn't state an opinion one way or the other and I definitely didn't imply that Lory was an unsafe racer. I simply posted the photos I took because Lory asked for photos and too often these threads turn into 'standup guy' vs 'd-bag' without any facts or clarification on what actually happened.

3. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

Anyone who has ever turned a wheel at VIR can look at that first picture and, this being T4, know exactly what happened.
    From where bike 725 is turning in, there is no conceivable way that he will make that turn. It was a boneheaded choice to try and pass on the inside of T4 and it cost another rider.
    Good to know that Mongo had a sit down with him.

4. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

I've never been to VIR but I'd say that the lack of any rubber on the track for the line that 725 is on would tend to support that statement.

IMHO of course...

5. ryankerrracing

ryankerrracing Well-Known Member

who in fact was the young ama racer who took out john palmer ???????????

6. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

7. kmac

kmac Well-Known Member

If you can look at those picture, see where 725 is on the track and can't tell who was at fault and think it "just an racin incident". Please stay the hell off the race track for the sake of all the fine WERA racing folks! I am sure Mongo will do the right thing.

8. ryankerrracing

ryankerrracing Well-Known Member

9. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Lory is an excellent rider. I've also never had a problem with Ur, and we've raced a number of times - he is fast and more skilled then some of the laymen here would believe.

Again, I didn't see this crash. But my on-track/race experience with him has never been negative.

10. bel-biv

bel-biv Well-Known Member

Totally bummed to read this thread
    Lory is a hell of a racer
    Heal fast, homey

11. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Well unless you've never been on the track the pictures pretty much show it, on guy was on the racing line carrying good speed for the next corner and the other guy stuffed him on the inside hard. Like someone said his forks are compressed trying to make the corner and couldnt and looks like some heavy contact showing how sharp they went off the track together..

12. tjg412

tjg412 Well-Known Member

I enjoy this hobby of mine. It comes with it's level of danger and can catch up with you sometimes as it has me already a couple of times. But as a 'hobby racer' I do everything I can to not make someone else have a bad day. The guy that caused this accident isn't making a living off of this, he's a 'hobby racer' just like me. I have nothing against progression and pushing the envelope to learn how to go faster, but putting others at risk in the process is in poor judgment. I have damn near thrown myself over the handle bars many times braking so hard to avoid contact in not-so-sure-this-is-gonna-work passing attempts and give the other rider the right of way. Just this weekend I followed a fellow racer for an entire 4 lap race that was going slower than I would have been otherwise just because I never found a comfortable, and most of all safe, opportunity to pass him. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I will always put the other rider before any selfish gains I could make. Racing doesn't put food my table or a roof over my head so who gives a shit if I didn't win, make top 3, or get tire money. The most important thing is that my fellow racers and myself finish the race, period. Since I race against this guy I hope he understands at this level finishing a race is much more important than winning one.

13. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Yes it did if you look.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It varies based on a lot of factors but we have suspended people.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They were coming out of 3 well before the turn in for 4 so I'm not sure the 721 would have been doing anything other than riding straight up and down at that point.

16. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Hopefully you heal quick Lory. That was a bonehead move by Mr. BMW. I won't dwell on what happened but I do agree on that portion of the track from the pics there is no way he was going to make that a clean pass.

:down:

17. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

:up:

18. Toxic Racing2

Toxic Racing2 a.k.a. kamikazejane

:up::up:

Well put and I agree.

19. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Some of those AMA riders were making daring passes on us slower experts, I know. One ran off the course during the race and in order to make up time on people he had to come on the inside of me on 9. I was all the way to the inside on 9 so he proceeded to jump the curbing to make it around me. I wanted to say something to him after the race but I wasn't sure how to approach it. It wasn't an isolated incident either.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Some of those AMA Pro racers are also chasing the WERA Nationals. There were only a small handful that don't run with us regularly in sprint races. I can think of 4, maybe 5.