1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

track day tire?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by sqrlnut, Jul 15, 2010.

1. sokali

sokali Well-Known Member

Anyone you know selling BT003s for dirt cheap? :D

2. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Nope sorry
    :D

3. sideways_skinny

sideways_skinny i need about, tree-fitty

Q2 for the win! I guarantee that you will love them!

4. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

The 003's coem up to ttemp fine. If you want to use them, you will be fine. Just give them a lap or two before you take off.

I have a sale going on for the 003's right now Sokali

5. sqrlnut

sqrlnut Well-Known Member

o i found out the 003's are 003F :confused: front type 4 rear type 3
    and the rear is a 190/55/17 vs the stock 180/55/17, will this hurt:confused:

also the Pirelli is a plain old diablo corsa so if i buy another rear will they be good for trackday and street?

6. hemiths

hemiths Well-Known Member

1. Call Cycle Sector

2. 003 RS

3. Cold -
    27 or 28 in the rear
    29 in the front

4. Enjoy track day

7. ///3oris

///3oris Active Member

I don't think you're listening to what people are telling you. DO NOT GET "track" tires. Get good street tires and they'll be WAY more than enough. The more aggressive a tire the more heat they require to get proper grip. There's no way in hell you'll get any heat into tires on your first day at the track.

I run Dunlop Q2's for track days and they're awesome. I have no problems keeping good pace. Get a set of Q2's, they're only like ~$200 for a set and don't even think about upgrading tires until you've worn those down, with all track miles. You'll have a much better idea as far as what you can do after you've done a few days.

You're going to have a blast, enjoy it. Just keep in mind: every time you upgrade your bike you're increasing the time it takes for your skills to improve. Work on your skills, not the hardware. Just get a basic suspension tune, to make sure you're not all over the place.

P.S. Yes, a 190 will handle differently from a 180.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  8. stickboy274

The "F" on the 003F means front

9. sqrlnut

sqrlnut Well-Known Member

^^^That makes sence now. everywhere i looked it was saying DOT. thanks.
    i think i'm going to get a corsa 3 rear and call it a day. Than it will match the front i have.

10. stickboy274

Fair enough. Go have fun