1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sponsor-Seeking Racers, listen-up!

Discussion in 'General' started by Toy Store, Jul 27, 2010.

1. skip salenius

skip salenius Well-Known Member

huntleycakes is my hero! I LOVE YOU HUNTLEY!:D

on a serious note(if that's possible) i'm around huntley on a pretty regular basis at the track. that kid is an excellent represenative of a racer and of our sport. and......he put's it on the box in supersport regularly. i thought that's what "sponsorship" was about? maybe the way he asked was a little harsh. but, dude......he's fuckin' 17-18 years old. maybe he doesn't know the smoothest way to ask, yet. i bet he will now.

2. Paint Shaker

Paint Shaker Tractor Motor Racer

Sounds like a little miscommunication between the rider and the sponsor. :confused:

Not really sure it should have been aired in public...

3. runfromme

runfromme Well-Known Member

:stupid:

4. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

Chickenshit smells the same down there too?

5. RAMBO

RAMBO Well-Known Member

Not sure if its mentioned but we should remember that if A racer is seen dropping a sponsor,that can look pretty bad. SO no matter what we say a person can react how they please. I make extra exception for someone assisting a racer....
    And if this is the racer stated I dont feel much of his immature actions in the pits. Fun is fun but I remember people taking speach classes to sound proper during interviews. And about mentioning sponsors They forget the guy who makes them look big, ya the team is fast but they look good too. How many times do you hear Young Guns Bad Rad racing. I think they would be racing out of a 24 foot trailer if it was not for the hauler they keep loosing the stacker off the back of.... shabro or whatever they say...

6. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

:stupid:

Moreover, I question whether the op was speaking with the racer or with the racer's father... seriously... I'll bet you the farm it wasn't the racer.

Just a hunch. Knowhatimsayin.

7. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

That's too bad. Some people simply have absolutely no idea how to work with sponsors. You're entitled to nothing in running the Supersport class - one that only gets highlights shown on Speed. Sorry.

8. Alexdouble-R

Alexdouble-R Well-Known Member

You can still help Melissa ;)

9. CALI*MADE

CALI*MADE Love Life

Get EM!!!!!!

10. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

eddie, i disagree with you, its AMA

i can only tell you about my experiences with Huntley, his family and crew, they go out of there way to make me feel at home when i'm at the races, they never tell me they want something, they always ask, (even though they dont have to, and i've told them that) they always thank me and also reccomend me to other people. and really, why would you post something like this on the board? then to say your not mentioning any names, its not hard to figure out who your talking about, i dont agree with the way you went about airing your grievences, you have a rider on the box at just about every race this year, he plugs your business, has your logo on his leathers, and bike and mentions you on the podium, seems to me he is doing his part

i work with alot of racers and i am very proud to support huntley and the ltd team, they are a first class bunch

if your giving him the suit at cost? what are you really out anyway?

11. vince69007

vince69007 CRASH277

im new to racing this is my first season. i called STG.com and they gave me a discount. so i tolled people about the discount, and 2 buddies of mine both ordered suits from them. if the guy was/is happy with the product and he should be happy with his price, then he should be telling anyone who listens about the the product and your business. sounds like the guy is just ungrateful. i need a new helmet and am shopping around. whoever gives me a good deal gets my advertising by word of mouth. its polite.

12. pinson41

pinson41 Well-Known Member

13. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

I think the op had a pretty good thing going. Not sure what sponsor could be unhappy with this...

[​IMG]

14. ckruzel

hey pinson, why did you quote me????? i didnt start the thread, toystore did

15. tikki50

tikki50 Well-Known Member

so sponsorships are that loose? If I were to sponsor someone (I doubt many people want to be sponsored by a hair salon, LOL Think Umbrella Girls) I think I'd at least have an agreement put in place and also set up some type affilate tracking program to track how the racer is performing for me. Just like the yellow pages. They dont put your number in the book, they assign you a number so they can track the results. Just makes good business sense. You wont catch everyone but you have an idea. Kinda like yourdomain.com/racers_name, bam instant tracking.

I dont even want to get into the disscussion about the racer himself, Im more interested in the sponsoring informatin itself. Im always looking for ways to reduce costs at our business and if I can channel money through a sponsorship to myself from the business to show costs and reduce taxes Im all for it. This sport aint cheap and every dollar saved is a drop of fuel in the tank. So as a sponsor do you get to write off said suit? or tires if you supply them? Could it be straight up cash, costs to race, trackdays? Just curious what options I have that I just didnt know about.

16. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

:crackhead: Is that stream of conciousness supposed to mean something?

17. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Damn.... tell him to call me. I'll give him suits for cost for that exposure! :up:

18. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

I've spent some time with him in the pits at our CCS rounds. He seems like a really cool, well balanced individual with a good head on his shoulders.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  19. ckruzel

well when i was that young and racing, i had different colored hair every few weeks, blasted punk music from the back of my cubevan and still retained my sponsors, i guess they liked the results and my personality, after all i was young and having fun being with my friends and i still pushed my sponsors every chance i got and i got more every year, mx is different but your only young for a short time in your life

i think that picure that was posted says it all

20. ckruzel

not sure if he is on the board much, if your serious i'll call him or pm me your cell or something and i'll get it to him