I'm throwing up now - STEALTH RIDER on SPEED

Discussion in 'General' started by gapman789, Jul 21, 2010.

1. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Favorite quote:

"It's not a lifestyle; it's more of a way of life."

Who knew So-crates was a stuntah?

2. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

And then show ANOTHER overly expensive car auction with said highlights after the first overly expensive car auction. I've seen it take up almost a whole day on my Dish guide.

3. motolombardo

motolombardo Member

ridin them hydra boostas wit the e47 pipe (yosh)

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Having endured the Britton show at VIR more than once I admit it takes creativity.

Section A:
    Rolling burnout
    Wheelie
    Stoppie
    Bang the red limiter

SectionB:
    Now sit on the yoke-
    Rolling burnout
    Wheelie
    Stoppie
    Bang the red limiter

Section C:
    Now sit backwards-
    Rolling burnout
    Wheelie
    Stoppie
    Bang the red limiter

Section D:
    Now sit sideways-
    Rolling burnout
    Wheelie
    Stoppie
    Bang the red limiter

That's the first five minutes. You can leave now because it repeats from the top.

5. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

You guys are a bunch of haters. I ain't even gonna wave anymore when I'm poppin' mad wheelies past ya...

(Yup.....that actually hurt to type)

6. I saw him crush a pop can.

7. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

I don't get it, I thought the entire basis for the show was kinda like the star boyz - do your stuff out in public and evade the police. I watched it for 5 minutes and here the police block the roads for them? :rolleyes:

I'm alittle upset about the sponsors listed all over their toy hauler. I know they are wera sponsors but geez, gimmie a break. I'm all about making a profit but atleast figure out what market niche you want to attract.

8. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Do they know who you are?

9. cobra2497

cobra2497 Well-Known Member

I don't see how speed can show that shat.... but we can't get the Sportbike & Superbike race live at Laguna this weekend. Hell they are showing MotoGP live and superbike goes on right after can't they just keep the cameras rolling?

10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I can answer that. Assholes on Bikes or StealthRider or whatever it's called cost them about 10 grand in cameras, some camera man labor and 2 good editors with a couple of MacBook Pros to produce. It's cheap as shit compared to 120 to 150k live production on site.

11. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

I saw the ads, that was enough. And "Stealth Rider", WTF? I guess "Hey Look At Me Being A Stupid Fuck In Public" was too long a title.

12. cobra2497

I agree with this statement but hell all the gear/crew is already on site covering the GP race live. Motherfer's need to throw us a bone. I want three plus hours of motorcycle coverage :D

13. cobra2497

14. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

They haven't a clue, I'm sure. I mean, they don't have a clue about much else.

John, ask 'em what color power bands they have. Of course the de rigueur corner low question should be asked. Also suggest they seek out some Durrani Magnesuim wheels.

Steeltoe, you forgot about the circular burnout. Usually part of the finale when they do the 'stand up on one leg doing a poor arabesque wheelie'.

Seriously, It takes talent to do the stunts and a decent amount of control. That part is cool. But really, why are these guys always one joker shy of a deck? If you're going to use the machine as a tool, at least be educated about it.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I remember wandering over to watch Gary whosehisname at the WERA pro event at Pocono the first year he was there because my buddy Buzz wanted to watch. "This is gonna suck and who wants to watch that shit?" I remember asking him.

Dude! After 5 minutes, I was one of the people who wanted to watch that shit!!! He was killah! I even bought his video and one of his tshirts and considering I didn't buy a gawd damn thing that wasn't free in those days that says a lot.

WERA had him back the next year and I was glued to the pit wall watching "that shit".

Now, anyone other than Gary whosehisname is just a piss poor copy (he was the first to do a lot of that shit) and a total waste of my time.

16. LabRat

LabRat Well-Known Member

The sad thing is that these shows can be produced CHEAP and replayed ad-nausem,

To televise a race, it takes a crew of 20+, miles of cables, 10 scissor lifts, satellite trucks, etc, and only has one or two showings..

And why do vendors sponsor stunters? cause they break so much shit! It is a gold mine!

17. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

thank you, i had meant to go there and thank them for not cutting short this last motogp when it went to a red flag and ran over, but forgot all about it.

feedback sent.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Honestly, why send feedback? Hoping to get it canceled or something? They going to replace some stuntah show with a half hour show on club racers and how they function?

Dude, it's a f@cking show! If you don't like it, don't watch it! There are some idiots out there who think it's the greatest show ever and it's their lifestyle. Who knows, it might sell a few bikes for the Japanese.

Boo hoo hoo, I don't like it and I want it off the air. I want to watch Pinks, my classic car and NASCAR: what the drivers ate for breakfast. :rolleyes:

19. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Rothwell absolutely blew my mind and that was in the mid 90's.

So, I go to check the DVR for racing on Monday to find out that Kerri changed around our channel lineup for some reason and we don't get Speed anymore. I went "buckwild".

20. Toxic Racing2

Toxic Racing2 a.k.a. kamikazejane

I live about 45min north of Detroit. I was embarrassed by the whole segment. All the motorcycle gang vests being thrown up for the camera, the dilapidated city. Overall, the whole point of the show is just plain stupid.