1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race plastics out there that you can purchase, that are already painted?

Discussion in 'General' started by Rocky907, Jul 16, 2010.

1. nupe1911

nupe1911 Well-Known Member

yes, there all on this site. look in the parts for sale section, i saw some there like 15 minutes ago. I hope this helps.

2. gixxerfever

gixxerfever Well-Known Member

did you not see my post? Contact Chad, tell him how you want your bike painted, and what bodywork you want and he will ship it ready to roll to your door

3. chadspaint

chadspaint Well-Known Member

Yep, we are right next to 2 maunfacturing places that build bodywork for about every bike.
    We will go pick it, up paint it,and get it to you. W the paint you want. Also If you want other bodywork, we will pay to ship it to you if you get it here. All with our discount of course.
    :D

4. Rocky907

Rocky907 GOT PUCKS?

Sounds gd, I'll check out the sale section. :beer:

Sry, I must have missed it. Thank You for the contact.

Nice! Sounds like I got myself a painter! I'll be pm'ing you when I'm ready. Thx for the post M8! :D

5. old and busted

old and busted Well-Known Member

They do make painted race glass. In fact the pictures Vonstallin posted look like auctmarts. I personally bought them for my 08 cbr 1000rr, they fit great and were very flexible. They didn't survive my 100mph high side though, wtf would? They were better quality than my hotbodies and flexiglass bodywork that I bought and much cheaper. Overall cost was 650 us shipped. 650 for beautifully painted race glass! The only downside was they took 2 months to come as they say they're custom painted, mine were a couple weeks overdue.
    Also some models may fit bang on (like the 08 cbr100) and some need tweeks. It's best to find your bike models motorcycle forum and do some auctmarts searches for fit on you particular model.

6. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

An alternative would be Ard Racing in the UK:

http://www.ardracing.com/index.shtml#

They have some prepainted bodywork but they offer all their bodywork with colored resins instead of paint in a wide variety of colors. They also have a good selection of bodywork for older bikes and will paint number plates to order.

But the best thing about their stuff is it is all predrilled with dzus fasteners mounted and ready to install. I've used several of their sets on Aprilia RS250s and love it.

7. Rocky907

Rocky907 GOT PUCKS?

8. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Yup, that's my racebike right after I finished installing the bodywork. I'm running the Auctmarts race kit fiberglass bodywork, which is different then the street kits they sell over E-bay. I e-mailed them last fall and exchanged several ideas regarding the paint scheme I was looking for; they actually sent me rough draft drawings of it before it was painted.

I've lowsided on this set twice and it's held up very well. The fiberglass is suprising good quality, flexible, and fit just about perfect the first time out with almost zero modification. I liked it so much I bought a second set.

This is what it looks like now:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  9. talber8

talber8 Well-Known Member

I met someone who had a plastic set in a Baylis replica on a 848.

He had lowsided it once and it didn't exploded. I think he had trouble with the fitting on the tail or something too. Overall he said he was happy though. I beliveve his were ebay special.

They definitely look sweet but even though his didn't explode.... I'll currently stick with fiberglass for now. Easier to repair too. (I'm assuming, I don't actually know this)

10. pinson41

pinson41 Well-Known Member

spray bomb and a few well placed stickers, yes, just remember leaving a $600 paint job on the asphault sux